cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line drops

N/A

line drops

I have been getting a line dropping continually over the last few days anyone else get this ?

I have had an open tickey since Oct to resolve this problem and wondered whether it is just my ADSL or someone elses, it is not equipment, filters etc lines somewhere between BT/PLUS but nobody can find the problem.

Any thoughts on how to find out where the problem lies and if its just my line ?

thanks in advance
16 REPLIES
N/A

RE: line drops

No, you're not alone. I think everyone has just given up trying to get it resolved. Mine are daily too. Last night's was about an hour which is worse than usual. Normally they only last 2-10 mins. How about you?

N/A

Yep, same problem here.
BT/Plusnet can't seem to find out how to resolve the issue. I've also given up hope as it has now been 3 months.

N/A

> Yep, same problem here.
> BT/Plusnet can't seem to find out how to resolve the issue. I've also given up hope as it has now been 3 months.
>
>

I've been getting the same problem recently, i get "spouts" of random disconnections and then its fine for a bit, and then it will happen again.

If enough people post here with this problem then eventually they will recognise it as a problem and hopefully look into it properly, that seems to be the way it works around here anyway.

Darren.
N/A

Sam here.
It's only actually dropped today but I am faced with a Lottery when it comes to connecting. The lights are on, but no-one's home.
PLusNet Support have asked me to test in the main socket etc etc etc. I know from experience this is very rarely the problem and a ploy to fend off the aggressions of a miffed customer.
It's working now but I'm running odds of 1-50 it works for another 24 hours Smiley

PB
N/A

I have the same problem and it has got - the last week has been terrible.

N/A

Yep, I am getting the same problem. Loose the synch with exchange for about 10 seconds or so, then it re-synchs, been happening for about a week now I guess.

Some times its ok for anything upto 12 hours or so, then starts droping. Very strange...

Steve
N/A

Same here, if I leave my computer for a few minutes then return and find that my ADSL has disconnected. Also I might be browsing the forums and when I request information on a different page I see the "Veryfying Usernamd and Password" and then realize that I'd been disconnected. This problem occurs whether the phone is being used and of such, the use of the phone doesn't upset my connection.
N/A

> Same here, if I leave my computer for a few minutes then return and find that my ADSL has disconnected. Also I might be browsing the forums and when I request information on a different page I see the "Veryfying Usernamd and Password" and then realize that I'd been disconnected. This problem occurs whether the phone is being used and of such, the use of the phone doesn't upset my connection.
> Swapped my k6-2 300 for a 750 Athlon over xmas - seems to have completely solved my chronic disconnection problem. Is there a definite minimum spec for running ADSL?

N/A

Nope been getting the same

Tony
> I have been getting a line dropping continually over the last few days anyone else get this ?
>
> I have had an open tickey since Oct to resolve this problem and wondered whether it is just my ADSL or someone elses, it is not equipment, filters etc lines somewhere between BT/PLUS but nobody can find the problem.
>
> Any thoughts on how to find out where the problem lies and if its just my line ?
>
> thanks in advance

N/A

> > Same here, if I leave my computer for a few minutes then return and find that my ADSL has disconnected. Also I might be browsing the forums and when I request information on a different page I see the "Veryfying Usernamd and Password" and then realize that I'd been disconnected. This problem occurs whether the phone is being used and of such, the use of the phone doesn't upset my connection.
> > Swapped my k6-2 300 for a 750 Athlon over xmas - seems to have completely solved my chronic disconnection problem. Is there a definite minimum spec for running ADSL?
>
>

Interesting point here, however, I have an Athlon 1400MHz based system here, 256MB DDR-Ram so, that should be no problem. I have also checked my settings in DUN but still no difference.
N/A

Looks like I am not alone thanks for the responses.
i have just found an article detailing upgrades to equipment at some Bt exchanges (mine is one) early in January - take a look.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=943
N/A

> > > Swapped my k6-2 300 for a 750 Athlon over xmas - seems to have completely solved my chronic disconnection problem. Is there a definite minimum spec for running ADSL?
> >
> >
>
> Interesting point here, however, I have an Athlon 1400MHz based system here, 256MB DDR-Ram so, that should be no problem. I have also checked my settings in DUN but still no difference.
>
Slight update - I have now installed XP on the 300mhz machine (was ME) Problem still seems to have completely cleared up - must be an operating system problem in my case!
N/A

Just a reminder to AMD owners. Some motherboards have a slightly incompatible USB chipset 751 which will result in intermitted drop outs. I had this for over a month before stumbling across an article about this. I popped in a £25 belkin usb 2 card and bingo! not a single problem in over a month!

Richard
N/A

Thanks but I am using a PCI card supplied by Plusnet - conextant. it appears to be a problem at the exchange as far as I can guess.