cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line drops

N/A

line drops

is there any way my line keeps dropping because the exchange and/or plusnet is too busy - seems to happen at peak times eg NOW
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: line drops

> is there any way my line keeps dropping because the exchange and/or plusnet is too busy - seems to happen at peak times eg NOW

hey i just got ADSL today and it also keeps dropping the line

the other thing is it takes ages to connect. and every so oftan the conection fails.

phil
N/A

Whatever the reason for your line drops I can assure you it will not be plusnets fault (it never is), if you don't believe me just ask them.

--
Reset
Brickinit
Grafter

i think the most likley cause will be your splitter/filters, were they supplied by plus net? i had the same problem when i first connected,looked on the forums saw that there had been a problem with a batch of filters,bought 2 more filters locally ( maplins £23 )no probs. since

malc :rollsmile:

N/A

> i think the most likley cause will be your splitter/filters, were they supplied by plus net? i had the same problem when i first connected,looked on the forums saw that there had been a problem with a batch of filters,bought 2 more filters locally ( maplins £23 )no probs. since
>
> malc :rollsmile:
>
>
i have replaced my filters and an still having problems the line is connected but i can not recive data?
N/A

> Nope not the filters does it to me without the filters something about the modem going out of sync they said at plusnet. Raised a ticket never got an answer just learning to live with it but it is dam anyonning.

Regards Coley

N/A

If you have an AMD with a AMD 756 PCI to USB open host controller, you will need a usb add on card from the likes of BELKIN these cost about £25 from PCWorld but they do the trick.
N/A

This line dropping is a pain in der bum..
Having just recently joined plus.net and choosing the PCI / ADSL option we are constantly plagued with the line dropping off.
Does anyone have the same problem useing USB / ADSL
or does the problem just revolve around the PCI option..
Does it happen during peak periods..ie..Evenings and weekends or is it random..
Does the splitters ( new issue ) cure the problem.
What chipset is on your PCI cards..Texas Instruments..?
Does the different chipset..Alcatel Network Systems Inc. give more stability.
Any feedback appreciated.It may help me to decide whether or not I need to rewire my telephone system.

Regards
Les