cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limits with broadband plus?

N/A

hey, new to the forum!

I was just curious...are there any download limits with plus.net's 2mb broadband plus service. It doesn't say there are any...but theres a usuage checker...so i'm wary...I use about 7-10gig a month...is that a bit much for this service or not?

Cheers, Tom
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

no limits because your connection is speed limited for P2P/Binary newsfeeds during busy periods.
N/A

Thanks matey! I'm pleased to be in a forum where people actually reply and help! That and I'm really bored so it's good to talk to someone! Cheesy

Tom
N/A

p2p on BB+ is limited to download speed of 20k/s day or night.

only speed is throttled, not amount you download.
N/A

There is no specific throttle speed in place and 20KB/s is only one possible figure.

It will be dependant on the number of other people downloading, the type of traffic they are download and planty of other factors.

Many people are reporting that they are seeing little if no speed reductions on the BB+ package.

Are you sure there are not other factors causing your own slowdowns?
Things like the type of P2P application in use, the source, the availability?
N/A

p2p on BB+ is limited to download speed of 20k/s day or night.

only speed is throttled, not amount you download.

Where did you read that? or do you have BB+

I was under the impression that P2P speed was only throttled during busy periods. i.e. when it would cause other traffic to slow down.

Can PN please clear this up, because I was going to change to BB+, but a 20K/s limit 24/7 is not "throttled during busy periods"

Stuart
N/A

BT and emule both run at 20k/s max speed for me, no matter time of day or night.

Whereas i get over 200 k/s off an ftp download.

I dont have surf activated but if it was on it would explain this 20k/s cap i see, since surf is not on i can only assume p2p is limited to 20k/s on BB+.
N/A

Where did you read that? or do you have BB+

Stuart

Since i mainly just use my connection for online gaming, i recently moved to the BB+ package, on the rare occassions i do need to download i thought i would be able to just schedule them for overnight and still get decent speeds.

But from my own experience all forms of p2p on BB+ have a 20k/s cap regardless the time of download. And i know it cant be a random figure because another poster has also mentioned the 20k/s cap on BB+.
N/A