cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late referral

N/A

late referral

my mate has just signed up with plusnet, but he forgot to put me as the person who referred him!! any way he can do it now?Huh
9 REPLIES
N/A

late referral

If he has justed signed up then yes.

Ask your fried to raise a ticket quoting your username as the referer, noting that he didn't put it in when subscribing.
Community Veteran

late referral

Also send a ticket in yourself to say the same thing. Then you have two bites at the cherry Smiley
N/A

late referral

did you have any joy with this? having the same problem, except there was nowhere to put in the referral value!!

bit of an ongoing debate with support on the matter as my ticket said they would and his ticket said they wouldn't

grr!

Evil
LiamM
Grafter

late referral

Hmm.... he should be able to do that.

Unless he has clicked on a banner of somebody else and then signed up, in which case I'm not even sure if it asks you for referral details when you sign up.
Community Veteran

late referral

If you click on a banner or follow an emailed link it does come up saying who you are reffered by and gives you the option to change / remove it if you want.

Chris
N/A

late referral

interesting, as when we went through the sign-up process it didn't have an option to change it.

will let you know how i get on.
N/A

late referral

please see the responce to THIS post.

However, I have done some testing.

I clicked a referal banner and visited the signup page. After completing the signup, I was given the confirmation page, which did clearly showe the referal.

However, it doesn't present you with a link to change the referal.

This makes it impossible for people to make sure they give credit to the person they want to.

I would certainly say support should be allowing them to change the referal, though I would also say it should be time limited, further than that of no referal being made at all.
N/A

update

latest missive from support:

" ... sorry that you are not happy with our decision but we can't remove a refferal. This is because someone has created a link that the user clciked on, this could have been from a search engine or a banner. This will create a cookie on the computer which will be valid for 14 days. If you signup within these 14 days then you get the refferal.

If you had a banner on your website and someone clicked on it to look at the site and then signed up you would get the refferal. If 4 days later that user said his friend reffered him we would not remove the refferal as your banner was used. This I'm affraid is the same thing."

I have asked the question of what would happen on a shared computer in an internet cafe where someone elses cookie was present, also made the point that the request for credit was made on the same day as application (within an hour I think).

will see what happens!
N/A

late referral

Whilst I sympathise with your situation, I cant see them changing their response. If they did, it could have serious implications for the way the referral process works.