Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag lag lag lag lag at yahoo pool, and other games sites

Gorvul
Grafter

Dear Plusnet,

can you please make yahoo games pool top priority when you manage the traffic. When the network is busy, I cannot play there at all, and at other times only with lag. At quiet times, I can play without lag. This makes me very bleepin angry, and I want to leave.
Also, playing live at http://www.pente.org and http://www.kurnik.org is the same situation, when the network is busy (like now! - 9.45pm)

All this only has been happening since the ellocoya machines things took over. There was never a problem before at any time of the day or night, before I was LLU'd and before the ellocoya changed to manage traffic moreso.

I raised this issue before, both on the forums and in a ticket/question. Both proved to be useless before, and I'm probably best just to ask for my MAC as I doubt you'll sort it out .. but what the hey, I've got time to complain now, that I'd rather be using to enjoy playing some games having fun etc...

The ticket when I raised it only produced absolutely useless responses from the PN team before (ref ID: 20656781). I abandoned that question before through sheer frustration, but now I thought I'd raise this issue again in one last effort before I just call it a day and leave.

Being on LLU makes leaving more complicated right? Anyway, that's a different issue.

PLUSNET, please sort this out properly once and for all!!!!

I might ask to be taken off the LLU, and put back on BT IPStream (I believe that is the alternative). I will take this up at a later point.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Community Veteran

@julijonas

Seems you have a bit of a problem me ole china, with respect to the other forum users threads.
Your name does seem to appear in quite a few threads where you add some very unconstructive posts and add little value from what I have seen. :roll:

If you're really that fed up with plusnet, do as you say you are going to do and go to elsewhere and stop trolling the forum.

It's just not cricket.
Gorvul
Grafter

just in case anyone comes across this thread with a similar problem:

I started a new ticket/question, with similar wording to my first post (in this thread).

Plusnet got back to me and asked me the ports which these games servers were using. I gave them the port numbers, and they said they'd pass them on to their network team. I then got a reply from them that they'd done this and if I had further problems like this to let them know.

since yesterday (when the change was made), I have not had the same problem, and all is going well so far. I will monitor the sites at various times over the next week or so, before I assume it's really been sorted.

Thank you to Kevin Scott who understood my question and knew what to do, and to the people who did the necessary. I don't know why, when I started a similar ticket/question 2 months previously, that the CSC PN team didn't understand what was required, but it seems to be sorted now (touch wood), so I'm happy enough.
Gorvul
Grafter

ok, so I thought it had been sorted, but it has not.
same problem now as before - I can't play on sites mentioned without lag of over 30 seconds - which makes me unable to play.

I need solution to this
N/A

I've locked this thread in favour of the one in CS, which has the attention of the Comms team.

You can find the other thread here.