cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kick my BRA please !

N/A

kick my BRA please !

Hi there,

I'm really close to the exchange and have never seen less that an 8128 stats on my router. I've just run the BT speedtester and it tells me I'm at 7150K profile and confirms the 8128 downstream connection. SNR downstream is between 11&12 and line attenuation is 6.3. Latency is FAST

Problem is, for months now, by plusnet BRA profile has been on 7000K. I don't know why or how it changed, but can someone give it a kick or nudge or whatever, so as I can get it back up to 8128K
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

kick my BRA please !

Hi there,

As you are syncing at 8128 you will not see an profile higher than 7150, you can see the table of sync rate and profile at this page
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

kick my BRA please !

The BRA profile never matches your sync speed. BT have a range of 'data rate' profiles from 2000 up to 7000 in 500 increments they apply depending on your sync speed which determis what they will allow in terms of data throughput speed.

Remember you have to take off the protocol overheads from 8128 to give you your actual data rate throughput so 7000 is correct for an 8Mbs sync rate.

Explanation here, BRA data rate table here
N/A

kick my BRA please !

I was not suggesting that there was anything wrong with the BT speedtester reporting 7150K as my profile.

Perhaps my terminology is poor however when adslMAX was first introduced by plusnet, the information described on the following page was known as the BRA rate:-

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

This used to report constantly 8000 for my connection, until a few months ago, and has since that time reported 7000.
Anyhow someone must have done something, as about 10 mins ago (30 mins after posting) my router went down, and when it came back up, I note that the information on the above page has changed from 7000 (where it has been for the last few months) to 7500.

Thanks to whoever it was that gave it a nudge.