cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep losing my connection every couple of minutes

N/A

keep losing my connection every couple of minutes

I just got my ads and am using it for the first time tonight and the connection is dropping every few minutes and I'm having to reconnect can you please help me sort this out this is dire.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: keep losing my connection every couple of minutes

> I just got my ads and am using it for the first time tonight and the connection is dropping every few minutes and I'm having to reconnect can you please help me sort this out this is dire.
>
> Thanks
>
>
Ok... A few details may help:
Operating system, PC spec, ADSL modem etc & contract

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> I just got my ads and am using it for the first time tonight and the connection is dropping every few minutes and I'm having to reconnect can you please help me sort this out this is dire.
>
> Thanks
>
>

Take the filters/phones out of the equation, remove them all, disconnect every phone.

Connect your modem to the master socket.

If that works then have a phone connected with a filter and test, maybe its the filter killing your connection. Test each filter in turn.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
BigDaz
Grafter

If you're using a pci internal modem, try it in a different pci slot. I had a conflict with mine with it dropping at random intervals, swapping it fixed it.