cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep droping help!!!

N/A

keep droping help!!!

today my connection just keep droping. sometimes after 5mins, sometimes after 30 mins, never connected for 1 hour, everytime i have to reboot router this never happen before. i tryed reset router, doen't make any diffrence, someone got any idea?
15 REPLIES
N/A

keep droping help!!!

What area are you in? I am getting this on my new account today Sad
Highlighted
N/A

keep droping help!!!

i am in newcaslte upon tyne, u suffer same problem? where are u?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

Surrey, so far away! I am getting severe packet loss every 10 seconds to a minute or so, for about 5 or 10 seconds.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

Sobia: Which router are you using? Are your filters setup correctly (double check with THIS tutorial).

Maryward: Have you reported your problem in THIS sticky?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

Hi Eurotrain,

I am going to check the line/filters first, just to double check! Or would you say these symptoms are more than likely due to the current Plusnet problems?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

A lot of people who have posted in that thread are experiencing packet loss problems, so it is possible.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

I am in Surrey and the same thing happens sometimes. Now it's worse cause my modem is unable to synchronize signals ever since the issue occurred on Saturday. I have been unable to connect to the Internet for four days! All settings remain the same as they were, by the way.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

If you are unable to syncronise at all, you are advised to contact PlusNet and go through the tests that they can help you perform.

This sounds like either a home cabling/filter problem or other issue with your line. The quicker it can be identified, the quciker you can get the problem to BT for an engineer to look at it, if it is there problem that is.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

I have raised a query. It was fine before the connectivity problem that PlsuNet identified on Saturday. Since then, I can't connect to the Internet any more, even PlsuNet has announced the problem had been solved. I suspect that either BT or PlusNet has failed to recovered something in our area. But the telephone works fine so BT landline is unlikely the cause. I have changed neither the settings nor the cable/filter for two months for the ADSL had been good.
Do I need to leave my PC and the modem switched on to let them check it?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

PlusNet would advise you on how you need to leave your modem.

First of all, you need to understand how ADSL works in order to locate the issue.

Connecting is in three phases. Syncronisation, authentication and data transfer.

Syncronisation is 100% down to BT. Failure to sync to the exchange equipment means either a issue (as noted) within your own wireing/filters or between your home and the exchange equipment.

One thing you have to remember is that while you can't detect an issue with one part of a dual use technology, it doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the other.

That is to say, you may get a voice line perfectly fine, but ADSL may not be true.

If the issue is failing at only at the authentication stage, the this could be an issue with with either the BT equipment or setup at the exchange, or something at PlusNet.

By failing at only the authentication stage is meant that your line does not loose sync at the same time and that it remains in sync for far longer than out of sync.

Data transfer is a broad issue that would need PlusNet to look into.

The problems at the weekend where caused by hardware failure on data transfer equipment at PlusNet, that will in no way have left problems for individiual users this length of time afterwards.

You have sugested a syncronisation issue, whicn is 100% out of the scope of PlusNet, though your fault reports ahve to go through them regardless.

If BT where to be called out to find it is your own wireing, hardware or filter, the you would be charged for an abortive visit.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

Thanks a lot. Maybe I am not clear with the concepts. My modem keeps training (the software shows that) and then indicates No Signals. Is it the synchronization stage?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

What modem do you have?

As you understand, each one is different, thus names of each stage is different.

Just as with your bog standard analogue modem, it is a simalar three stages.

1: The training / syncronisation. AKA the anoying noises.

2: The authentication

3: Data transfer.

The software calls it training, so it does sound like stage one (100% BT related), however, some modems could call/class stages one and two as the same thing.

Looking further at the modem may help determine what it thinks the problem is.
N/A

keep droping help!!!

Binatone ADSL 500. If the synchonization is related to BT only, does it mean that even the service of PlusNet is unavailable, I should be able to see the icon on Windows tray bar is green and the line light on the modem is solid on?
N/A

keep droping help!!!

I probably posted this in the wrong thread previously:

My connection keeps dropping - although router shows still in Sync!!!!
Restart resolves situation.. Evil

Hi.. before I start loosing my rag, I too am getting this problem and hope theres a simple explanation.
This has started happening since Tuesday evening, and I am certain that perviously I had been able to leave my connection day and night without having to restart my router.

My setup is an external ethernet router connected to a hub that feeds into my PC. So this is definatley not caused by power outage.

I have P2P software running, which I intend to leave unattended for long periods of time. As mentioned, at one stage I was able to do this.

I have not changed any settings since I had it working, but for some strange reason the connection (transfer of any files) has died. This is strange because the Router is still in sync.

Ok to resolve the situation is simple.. I turn the router off, and back on, but this is by no means an acceptable resolution as I need to leave the router unattended for lengthy periods of time.. in the evening whilst asleep, and throughout the day whilst in work.

Im not sure the exact length of time it takes for the 'timeout' to occur, I'd say roughly within an hour.

Anyone.. any ideas??

Before anything is mentioned about the DMZ, the PC has been added so has complete access to everything.

Moderators note (John) Since you already had this very same post in another thread on "Customer Feedback" and had some replies there I have locked that one (rather than just deleting it) to prevent any confusion. Please do not make multple posts on the same subject in different threads.