Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it me? account upgrade

Brickinit
Grafter

i'm trying to work out how much it will cost me to upgrade to 1mg from 0.5mb
snd i seem to go around in circles. if i click on upgrade then home user then broadband then choose product, then, Already got PlusNet Broadband Home?it takes me back to the home user page.
what i would like to know is, if go from 512 self install on a 12 month contract ( which has now expired, been on it since nov 2002) @ £21.99 per month, to 2mb @ £19.99 per month with 2gb inc.do i just pay £19.99 or is there a one off fee. also dose that include anti virus/spam?
now i'm sure all the answers are on there but they are not smacking me in the face
8 REPLIES
N/A

Lol, I went round the same circle a few times until I realised that you need to upgrade thru the "Contact us" route.
I can see that this will catch many people out, because as you say, if you follow the instructions you end up where you started.
Perhaps PlusNet want as many people as possible to stay on the premier accounts instead of paying less for a capped service. So maybe this circular route is intentional, who knows?
There is a one of fee, in your case I believe it is £14.99.
N/A

IIRC, this circular route is intended at this time, though should display some form of meaningful message, to give common reasons why it should fail.

The upgrade button you refer to, is intended for those already on the new account types, and wishing to do nothing more than switch between the capped groups.

The process to convert from an older account, to a new account type, has always been to raise a ticket. After the change, the upgrade button should work for you.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I asked about this last week, regrade fee is £24.99 so to stay on a monthly contract or £14.99 if you can do another years contract, I can't as I might be moving in next few months so once I've money again they'll be getting an extra tenner of me for the regrade
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Yay, The roundabout link seems to have been fixed, you are now sent to the correct page.
adp450, I think you will find that you are wrong about the one off fee. Staying on monthly is option one
Option 1 - Remain on same contract period or move to an annual contract; £14.99
Option 2 - Any change that reduces your contract length: £24.99
Community Veteran

well unless they changed the T/C's in the last week or so, as I asked in this thread and its £24.99 to stay on a monthly contract if you have already full filled the 12month initial contract.

edit: ho hum well they did change them well that saves me a tenner.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Brickinit
Grafter

i'm afraid the roundabout is not fixed, if anything i has got worse, if you click on 1mb @ £14.99 + 5gb @ £7.00 it eaquals £29.99? not when i was at school.

anyway thanks for the replys it looks like if i upgrade to 2mb it might have to go through twice once to upgrade to 1mb then to 2 mb 2 x £14.99 = 29.98 ( if on a new 12 months contract ) then £19.99 per month with 2gb inc.
or
just go to the 1mb for now @ £14.99 fee then £14.99 per month with 1gb inc.
Community Veteran

you still have to use the contact us, if you select the 1mbit or 2mbit account option and follow it until you get past the hardware section then click the Existing user upgrade, that throws you to a custom contact us
csogilvie
Grafter

i'm afraid the roundabout is not fixed, if anything i has got worse, if you click on 1mb @ £14.99 + 5gb @ £7.00 it eaquals £29.99? not when i was at school.
You may have the javascript files cached; either clear your Temporary Internet Files or force a reload in your browser.