Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it just me or is dns down again

danep
Grafter

is it just me or is dns down again

Hi all

Cant get any websites again. DNS errors. Is it me or the servers again?
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: is it just me or is dns down again

> Hi all
>
> Cant get any websites again. DNS errors. Is it me or the servers again?

I don't know if there is anything wrong today, but a few of us were having problems over the weekend - see 'Trouble accessing websites' in the PlusNet discussion forum.

Geoff

This link might work:
http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=7986&displ...
danep
Grafter

Hi all

It's not just websites, its everything, no web, no email when connecting via adsl. But can download plusnet email when connected via freeserve lol.

Regards
Dane
danep
Grafter

Hi all

It's working again. I got rid of primary and secondary dns address's in the setup and it works. Maybe they have changed.

Regards
Dane
N/A

> It's working again. I got rid of primary and secondary dns address's in the setup and it works. Maybe they have changed.

That was what the other thread was all about. Anyway it's good to know you have it working again - I guess you are now using 'obtain DNS server address automatically', or something similar.

What seems strange is that various people have been having DNS problems over the past couple of days, but I could not find anything indicating a problem in 'Service status'.

Geoff
N/A

> > It's working again. I got rid of primary and secondary dns address's in the setup and it works. Maybe they have changed.
>
> That was what the other thread was all about. Anyway it's good to know you have it working again - I guess you are now using 'obtain DNS server address automatically', or something similar.
>
> What seems strange is that various people have been having DNS problems over the past couple of days, but I could not find anything indicating a problem in 'Service status'.
>
> Geoff

----------------------
Just noticed a problem here but only with certain sites, which tends to suggest a BT network problem. Still nothing on Service Status

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

i'm pretty sure plusnet just changed their dns servers. i was having problems until i changed to the new ones:

danep
Grafter

Hiya

Yea, just like plusnet, they will email you with obvious things like `we are taking your money' every month, usually in duplicate, but when it comes to something as important as DNS do we here a squeak outa them, nope, you gotta laugh...
N/A

I'm using the 'Get Automatically From ISP' option for dns servers, is that ok to use or do I should I be entering ones manaully?