cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving

vic_newey
Grafter

interleaving

whats happening now with regards to interleaving, I just noticed that itssuddenly appeared on my router stats & my pings have more than doubled from 15 to 35 Evil

since Max was enabled on the 20th on my 1meg line I have been syncing at 2.2 or 2.3 , speeds are still at c.975

As a gamer I certainly do not want interleaving , I have had very few line drops so it was stable enough at 2.2 So regardless of what speed I finish up with interleaving
is not an option for me
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

interleaving

Have you passed the 10 day trialling period. If so, raise a ticket and ask for interleaving t be switched off as you are a gamer.

If you are still within the 10 day trialling, you will have to wait until that is completed befoe interleaving can be disabled. You could try disconnecting for 20 minutes a few times over a period of several days to see if it is turned off automatically.
vic_newey
Grafter

interleaving

My 10 days are just up now, I followed the details to force the BRA to update by unplugging everything & fitting a phone without a filter for 20 minutes & - its enabled interleaving instead Evil
I never leave my PC on when not in use so its turned on & off several times during the day which may be seen as disconnects by BT
amjrobson
Grafter

Interleaving

My line up until Sunday Evening was running fine none interleaved and synching between 2.9 and 3.2. The line then took a bit of a paddy in the late evening and enabled interleaving and the line now only syncs at 2.5 with a high SNR of 9.5.

I have requested interleaving to be turned off as I do not believe over the 10 day period after the max regrade that there have been any problems.

Will the sync rate go back up if interleaving is turned off.
Community Veteran

interleaving

Interleaving usually allows a slightly higher stable sync rate at the expense of ping times so if you are running interleaving now, turning it off will normally result in a lower sync rate not higher. Your lower sync rate now may just be due to lower SNR at the time you last reconnected or due to the 10 day trial trying different speeds or possible just getting confused by a number of short connection periods as mine did recently.

The affects of interleaving on sync/throughput speeds is still a bit unclear at the moment.
N/A

interleaving

As far as I have read you have two options:

1) Ask for interleave to be removed and get better latency but the chance of a slower overall speed, disconnections and packet loss problems.

2) Leave it enabled and have 10-30ms higher latency but a much stronger and faster connection.

Obviously if your very close to your exchange or your line stats are very good asking for it to be disabled may not necessarily have the side effects I spoke of. But generally if this was the case they would not have activated it on your line. But for those of us on 2-3km lines where BT enables interleaving it may not be such a wise decision asking for it to be removed.

I did question a member of staff about this and their is a chance that asking for it to be disabled may result in a completely dead line until they change it back. This I believe on average can take upto 5 days.

I am on interleaving and have not decided yet whether to ask for it to be removed or not. I dont game much but have heard that it effects everything dependant on latency such as video conferencing and other such communication softwares.

So.. It really does depend on the latency increase I will see (if any) at the end of the 10 day training period.
vic_newey
Grafter

interleaving

The interleaving enabled on mine is 4 upstream & 16 down, don't know if it can vary