cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am confused about the usage thing :shock:

N/A

So many different post etc getting a little bit confusing,

I am on Broadband Home Premier 2MB and i download about 30gb a month does this new policy affect me in anyway, sometimes i could go up to 50gb a month etc depending on what i want to download.

Sorry i am so thick today
5 REPLIES
N/A

nope Smiley
N/A

You'd be within the usage you pay for however you might want to consider (when it's all in place) moving to the £22 platform as it'd work out cheaper for you in the long run even with the £15 admin fee to do so. If you went over the 30Gb allowance the £22 setting gives only occasionally you'd be fine

See http://www.plus.net/features/usage_guide.shtml for a useful chart that explains it better.

If you stay on what you've got pricewise at the moment there should be no issues for you as far as I can see
N/A

Hi there, I am also a little confused by this.

I am on PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 512k and I am paying £21.99 a month so does thia affect me also?

Best regards,
Rob.
Community Veteran

The fair usage system applies to ALL premier and old products (ADSL home, homesurf, easystart etc). Whether it actually affects you depends on your download habits.

The monthly fee determins your fair usage figure - for you this is 30GB peak usage and 50GB off-peak (between 1am an 8am for a 512K connection)

Checking the view my usage page (connections settings -> view my usage) will give you a rough idea what you download and if it will affect you. However it currently shows both downlown and upload data but the fair usage only applies to downloads, and then only during the peak period 8am -> mignight -> 1am.

Please see the usage guide in the fair usage announcement which explains how it works - it's not a 30GB cap each month as some keep insisting it is as you can exceed the fair use limit as detailed in the usage guide.
N/A

an 8 mbit line ,phew!! ,hmm its going to be very hard to keep things under control with that amount of raw power download wise, with this fair usage parlavar :roll: ... this uk online deal looks a better deal to me