cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

howto upgrade my line speed?

N/A

Hello Everyone,

previous i was on 2mb premier, but after i move out from previous home address to a new apartment, i did inform plusnet to move my adsl as well, but after the line is actived and it is only 1mb connection speed. but i did a line test on samknows.com, the result is as below:

BT ADSL broadband availability
You are connected to the Blackfriars (MRBLA) telephone exchange.

Your exchange is enabled for ADSL!
There is currently no spare capacity for ADSL connections at your exchange.

The following level of service is available at your location:

[BT ADSL Code: GGEC] You can receive 2Mbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GGEC] You can receive 1Mbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GGEC] You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GGEC] You can receive 256Kbps ADSL

As the results show i can receive 2mb adsl on my line, so if i did, how can i inform Plusnet to upgrade my line speed to 2mb?

Please Help, thanks!!!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

That does not state you can have 2Mbs, it states you may be able to get 2Mbs. The figures are a guide, not a definate indication.

What speed you can get is totally down to the quality of your line and everyone is different.

If your line was capable of 2Mbs, it would have been enabled at that speed at your new house. Also the free speed upgrades that have just been completed would also have put you on 2Mbs if your line supports it so there may be a quality issue with your line.

All you can do it raise a ticket with PlusNet and explain your situation then ask for a woosh test to see if your line does meet the min requirements for 2Mbs. If you use a router, it can probably tell you the line stats (line attenuation & SNR). If it does, post what it says and we can then tell you if 2Mbs is possible.
N/A

Thansk for reply, the results printed out from my linksys router is:

DSL Status: UP
DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 1152 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 26 db
Upstream Margin: 31 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 34
Upstream Line Attenuation: 19
Downstream Transmit Power: 0
Upstream Transmit Power: 0

What do you think? can i have a 2mb on this line?

Thanks?
Community Veteran

You can easily get 2Mbs as the limit for that is 43dB for line attenuation, and your SNR is very good, so I'm surprised your line was only activated at 1Mbs. You need to query this with PlusNet, stating your router figures (only the downstream line attenuation & margin (SNR) are needed) and asking them to investigate why you were only provisioned on 1Mbs.

If you a quick, you may be able to be added to the free speed upgrade mop-up, although I think this may have now completed.
N/A

Thanks!!! i will query the Plusnet as soon as possible!!!