Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get connected??

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

how to get connected??

Suggestions please -
I have a ticket raised in an attempt to break the 'deadlock' on my 4th referral getting set up.

BT have told me the line is acceptable for broadband (in fact "a good quality connection easily running @ 2.MB") but Plusnet keep saying they can't progress the order because there is something incompatible on the line??

How do I get over this without just getting my friend to sign up to BT - which is what they now want to do :x
8 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

how to get connected??

What is it thats incompatible on the line ? has your friend not got a BT line or am i misunderstanding your post
i think you need to find out before you can progress any further

it could be a multitude of things such as dacs or isdn etc
give CS a ring they should tell you whats going on
craigbrass
Grafter

how to get connected??

Wait until the morning to see what the responce to the ticket is. In the morning, if they haven't answered or give you a responce that requires a follow up, give them a call on the number listed at the bottom of all PlusNet pages and they will be able to help.

Trying to get you to signup with them is bad wholesale / reseller practice. They should be ashamed of themselfs for trying to do such a thing.

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it Bill.
holdtight
Grafter

how to get connected??

Must have hit enter at more or less the same time Craig Wink

Im with it now on the BT thing and yes i agree with you its shameful and underhanded just what weve come to expect of BT
N/A

how to get connected??

Plusnet keep saying they can't progress the order because there is something incompatible on the line??

If Plus Net are saying this it is because thats what BT are telling them. When the order is submitted to Plus Net they do likewise with BTw.

Who in BT told you that the line was OK?
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

how to get connected??

That's a good question - contacting them was a nightmare. I completely lost track of the number of 'call centre options' I went through before I got to talk to someone, and then I was given another 2 numbers both of which, again, turned out to be wrong Evil

The 3rd guy ran a check on the number there and then (took a couple of minutes) and he was the one who said it was a good line. I explained what PlusNet had said and he said if there was a problem it would come up on his screen, but there was nothing!
craigbrass
Grafter

how to get connected??

Yea, would be interesting to find out that.
holdtight
Grafter

how to get connected??

Still think a call to CS is in order to find out what this incompatability is
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

how to get connected??

Another day another BT 'oppo'..... the line already has broadband(??) but it will be cancelled in 2 days. They say the cancellation was requested around the 10th - which was around the time I ordered from Plusnet...
very strange :?: :?