cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long?

N/A

how long?

.hi ive just placed an order and im watching the tracker it says-
(Your order is being submitted to BT for ADSL activation.

The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your line is activated.

More detailed checks will take place on your line, to confirm it will support a high-speed ADSL connection. If you are supplying your own ADSL modem or router, we recommend you wait until we confirm your line is active.

An engineer will then physically activate your line, and we can then activate your ADSL account. If you already have ADSL connection hardware, it may appear to be working before we confirm your account is active. This is a normal stage in the activation process, but you won't be able to connect to ADSL just yet.)i was just wandering how long people have actually waited as im soooooooooo impatient cheers
6 REPLIES
N/A

how long?

In 99% of cases, the quoted time frame.

However, it has been seen that some people are activated in as little as 2 days.

This depends on what account you have chosen, the ability to get DSL at your location anf if there is room at the exchange.
N/A

how long?

ive ordered the adsl home self installmonthly,and my exchange is adsl enabled as for room at the exchange i cant imagine it not having room as people who live in my town(ellesmere port cheshire) seem to think computers are evil and will bring darkness on all that use them Wink ,(maybe they will)
Community Veteran

how long?

Ellesemere Port exchange was only activated about 2 months back so capacity probably won't be a problem for you.

people who live in my town(ellesmere port cheshire) seem to think computers are evil and will bring darkness on all that use them ,(maybe they will)

I last visited EP about 3 years ago, I haven't been back since lol

Chris
N/A

how long?

like u said capacity shouldnt b a prob,cant think why uv not been back to visit us here in e,p lol :twisted:
N/A

how long?

had phone call earlier today from bt engineer checking they had right number ,is this normal?,as i didnt take the call due to being out i couldnt ask him any questions.i wanted to know if this was normal also i can only get 512 instead of 1 mb connection due to distance ,is this always going to be the case or will it change in the future a bit like the extended reach thing,cheers
N/A

how long?

Phoning you to make sure they have the right number can be quite normal.

There job sheets can get in a mess, and phoning there control to conform details can take time. If they phone what they think the number is can usualy speed the process up.

Yes, you do need a shorter distance from the exchange to receive 1 and 2MB services. Aditionaly, some exchanges are not yet 1 & 2MB enabled.