cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can this be?

vic_newey
Grafter

how can this be?

since experimenting with DrTcp I have been getting +net readings around 490 - 500 on both my hardrives, ( win XP)
I suddenly noticed that drive 1 had dropped back to readings of Shockedops: 470, whilst drive 2 was still around 490's, comparing both explorer pages I discovered that by going into tools, internet options,settings, check for newer versions of stored pages ,that if I selected 'every visit to the page' I was getting the higher readings, selecting ' automatically' the reading drops back to 470's, I think I have been misled into thinking I am getting the 490+ speed. Can others try try this & compare?
4 REPLIES
N/A

how can this be?

490 using " every time i visit the page"
vic_newey
Grafter

how can this be?

what were you getting before ?
N/A

how can this be?

451-470
N/A

how can this be?

Your connection speed is not changing, this is simply the time taken by your machine to check the stored pages locally verses downloading new ones each time.
This will change dependant upon the page content and the speed of your machine and the hard drives where the "temp internet files" are stored. With DSL, sparse pages would most probably be quicker loaded new, while pages with lots of graphics would be better from local cache.
You have to take a balance.