cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with BT home hub router

N/A

Hi, Does anyone know if a BT home hub router can be used to get plusnet broadband thanks for any info.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Make/model number or router as there are a lot of different ones? Look on the underside or for a lable that might give you the info.

Many of the BT supplied routers are locked to BT only so the make/model is needed to know if it can be used (i.e. not locked) or in a few cases, can be unlocked with a firmware change.
N/A

for peter vaughan

Thanks for reply peter its a BT WIRELESS home hub for total broadband voip phone S/N:CP0632EH3M0, BULK CheesySLCBAR7GBG, MAC :
00147F5AE4B5.IF THATS ANY HELP.
N/A

Sure can, I'm using a BT1250 though that is an older model and not one of the latest things
N/A

thanks for reply paddy, how can I find out to configure this router as I have always used a modem.I seen on net that it wont accept username and password Huh?
shellsong
Grafter

Seems the BT HomeHub or 7G BT as it's called by Thomsons (the manufacturers) has some BT specific firmware and various folk are attempting to unlock it or flash it with suitable firmware to enable it to connect to other ISPs than BT

There's an ongoing thread about this saga at http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t22917.html
N/A

Thanks for the info shellsong, just shows I know nothing about routers, can anybody advise me what router to buy, compatible with Plusnet I have just one pc but want to change from modem to Ethernet connection with router because of experiencing dropouts
and speedtouch 330 modem not reconnecting automatically, many thanks for any advice.
shellsong
Grafter

Will you want wireless or ADSL2+ capability for future reference? Netgear can be quite good and something like the DG834GT could service possible future needs
N/A

router

thanks shellsong, will check out.
N/A

I've been using a Zyxel 1-port unit (it was part of a package when a friend signed up with another ISP for 60 quid for the first year). The model (Prestige 660R-61C) I'm using is ADSL 2/2+ and usually under 25 quid.

I found it stable on DSL Max and traffic was faster through it than my older routers (I have some 1-port and 4-port models, mostly from Dabs in 2003/4, that I lend out or use to test a line when someone gets ADSL, as I know my way around the menus).
N/A

Cheers many thanks for the info.much obliged.