cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help plz! netgear dg834pn router and llu problem

N/A

I have an older DG834G - it used to stop every now and again until I realised it was overheating. Moved it so the airflow was better and it was much happier.
6 REPLIES
Jeni
Grafter

i have just bought a new router, a Netgear DG834PN and everything is worknig fine but...
i am on the LLU connection and with my old modem used to get regularly disconnected altho i wasnt disconnected iykwim. i am having the same thing withthe router only when this happens the only way to get everything working again is to take the power lead out of the router and put it back in. when i get the disconnection i cannot access any of the routers settings, i cant even get into the router manager by typing the ip address in.
what i want to know really is whether this is a problem at my end or the LLU problem like i have thought it was before i bought the router and what, if anything i can do to fix it.
i have gone through the information that came with the router and gone through the troubleshooting for being unable to connect to the web configuration interface and everything is ok with that.

Moterators note by John (johnessex) Topic moved to appropriate forum.
shellsong
Grafter

Being unable to access the router from a browser has nothing to do with the external ADSL connection, LLU or not. Either your computer networking isn't functioning properly or the router is misbehaving
Jeni
Grafter

thats what i thought! now need to figure what to do about it.

just a thought, it couldnt be the adsl connection going down causing the router to crash could it?
shellsong
Grafter

I don't know whether the router can be crashed by the ADSL connection in such a way that you lose access to it and have to reboot-- you could try asking Netgear unless someone else on the forum knows

I've seen stuff on th Be Forum reckoning that particular router worked well with ADSL2+ but I've not yet seen stuff about it falling over
gabriel
Dabbler

I am not on LLU and have the same problem. My router is well ventilated!
Jeni
Grafter

just been on the phone to netgear and luckily it had gone down at that particular time so after resetting my router they had me change the mtu setting to 1400 instead of 1458, they said 1458 was too high.