cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help: high downstreem data rate, appalling real world speed

N/A

help: high downstreem data rate, appalling real world speed

Before giving up on plusnet and moving to someone like Nildram i wonder if anyone can help me understand what is wrong with my broadband service. Any help would be gratefully received. According to my modem log in page i have a downstream data rate of 3776kbps with a upstream data rate of 448kbps. However having noticed my speed seeming to get slower of late i did several speed tests to then realise that according to those my actual downstream data transfer rate is only 448kbps. When i reported this to customer services i was told this as due to "Delta Reporting" and suggested i disconnect/reconnect. Next day and lo and behold a new speed test showed my rata had jumped up to 2000+kbps and everything was suddenly much faster and as broadband should be. Then within 2/3 days it suddenly dropped right back down again to 400. When i reported this a second time i was told that Plusnet had nothing to do with the improvement but amazingly after this reply it jumped up again before dropping back as it had done previously.

Can anyone help please?. I use broadband mainly in the evenings and we only have one phone line with an extension hardwired by BT. Iam not at all computer literate so will need your patience