cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hell slow?

N/A

hell slow?

about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
what the hell going onHuh?
anyone got clue
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: hell slow?

Same here

> about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> what the hell going onHuh?
> anyone got clue

N/A

For some time now I've been getting VERY slow browsing speeds.

Downloads are fine, it's just browsing that is slow.
I've tried using a different browser (Opera) and that is the same.

Pages start to open, but take an age to complete.

What is going onHuh?

> Same here
>
> > about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> > what the hell going onHuh?
> > anyone got clue
>
>

N/A

It looks like it is their dns server which is at fault or running slow.

I changed my primary dns server to this and now it is super fast.

Here it is : - 194.119.131.65

Change your preferred dns server to the number above.

You do this in networking on your machine and it is your tcp ip settings.

> about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> anyone got clue

N/A

JESUS!!

What a transformation!

Cheers for that.

How/where did you find that info out? Would be good for future reference.

Many thanks once again.

Cheers,
Tim.

> It looks like it is their dns server which is at fault or running slow.
>
> I changed my primary dns server to this and now it is super fast.
>
> Here it is : - 194.119.131.65
>
> Change your preferred dns server to the number above.
>
> You do this in networking on your machine and it is your tcp ip settings.
>
>
> > about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> > what the hell going onHuh?
> > anyone got clue
>
>

N/A

I'm happy that this has worked for you.

I had experienced this slow down once before around December and somebody on this forum suggested that if you used somebody else's dns server the speed would improve.

It doesn't really matter whose server you use as long as it is publicly available. The one you are using is u-net.

> JESUS!!
>
> What a transformation!
>
> Cheers for that.
>
> How/where did you find that info out? Would be good for future reference.
>
> Many thanks once again.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.
>
>
> > It looks like it is their dns server which is at fault or running slow.
> >
> > I changed my primary dns server to this and now it is super fast.
> >
> > Here it is : - 194.119.131.65
> >
> > Change your preferred dns server to the number above.
> >
> > You do this in networking on your machine and it is your tcp ip settings.
> >
> >
> > > about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> > > what the hell going onHuh?
> > > anyone got clue
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

When I went to change my DNS settings they were set to automatic and not one of the one's specified by PlusNet! Who knows where I was connecting through before :-)

Cheers,

Tim.

> I'm happy that this has worked for you.
>
> I had experienced this slow down once before around December and somebody on this forum suggested that if you used somebody else's dns server the speed would improve.
>
> It doesn't really matter whose server you use as long as it is publicly available. The one you are using is u-net.
>
> > JESUS!!
> >
> > What a transformation!
> >
> > Cheers for that.
> >
> > How/where did you find that info out? Would be good for future reference.
> >
> > Many thanks once again.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tim.
> >
> >
> > > It looks like it is their dns server which is at fault or running slow.
> > >
> > > I changed my primary dns server to this and now it is super fast.
> > >
> > > Here it is : - 194.119.131.65
> > >
> > > Change your preferred dns server to the number above.
> > >
> > > You do this in networking on your machine and it is your tcp ip settings.
> > >
> > >
> > > > about 10mins ago, everything fine. but now.. very very slow.. even worse than a modem..
> > > > what the hell going onHuh?
> > > > anyone got clue
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

> anyone got clue

To you guy's who have been having problem's,I too had wait age's for pages to load. This was the first time with plusnet this had happend,I checked all my settings, and found everything OK,I run Zone Alarm, and Netwok optimser,I switched both off and made a restart.Plusnet is back on song with both programs runing.I must add this was only luck on my part,I know very little about PC'c
--
N/A

hi all this has happend to me aswell i hope to try it out saying that my internet some times slows down at night time due to outer people on around where i live ihave been told that it will slow me down i hope to try this out cos some times iam waiting for ages for web pages to apear

thanks all

N/A

HI Guys,

I have raised the matter of DNS servers witht he networks team. They have ackowledged that the current DNS platform implementation s not ideal. We are currently building a new DNS cluster which will be placed on our network in a position which is much closer, networking wise, to our ADSL customers. This should resolve the problems some poeple have with our DNS servers. I don't have a timescale, but would not expect this to take more than 2 or 3 weeks.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

I really shouldn't say this because the servers are not yet in production, but if anyone wants to test out 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50 as their primary and secondary nameservers then I would appreciate the feedback. Once we are happy these are working we will adjust Radius so that all customers who dial up are assigned these automatically. Remember, because they are brand new caching nameservers, the first time you visit a site resolution may be slow. After that time things should be better than ever. Furthermore, bear in mind that these could break at anytime!