cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have plusnet got a firewall

N/A

have plusnet got a firewall

hi i seem to be having trouble with my adsl
do you put on a personal firewall or something as i dont seem to be able to connect to certain porgrams
can you help please
mr long
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: have plusnet got a firewall

Hi there. I am fairly sure that plusnet don't any sort of firewall that will protect you whilst browsing, so the best advice I can give you is to install a good one of your own, preferably one that has stealth capability i.e. makes you harder to see on the web. It would also be a good idea to install a good trojan scanner that also runs in the background. If you haven't got one, also install a good anti virus package and KEEP IT UP TO DATE. You can get all this stuff for free if you visit http://giveit2me43.com You have to enroll, but it's all free so take advantage of it. Hope this is of some help to you.
Regards, John Taylor.

N/A

John,

Next time read his question proper, you never helped him in anyway, he never asked about firewalls and virus scanners.

Scott,

What package do you have? and i can help you more.
N/A

yes i have all this etc.. but i can connect to certain programs that i want to etc..
i even turn off all my firewal and stuff and still cant connect to the programs weird hay
lmao!
scott
N/A

Dear Mr Tac, the question was about firewalls, the answer was about firewalls and related items. If the answer is not helpful, I'm sure Mr Long will tell me himself, along with any information he feels is relevant.
Regards, John Taylor

N/A

Scott..

Why did you not awnser my question, what package do you have, and what are these "certain porgrams"
N/A

iam using zone alarm nad have yo heard of dc++?