cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware delivery

N/A

hardware delivery

im awaiting delivery of my filters and router after just getting my line activated,how long does this usually take,also will i need to get any extra cables or are they all supplied ,cheers in advance Smiley
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

hardware delivery

It is normally about 3 days from activation of your line to the hardware arriving.
The kit should come with any necessary cables but they will of course not cater for extra long runs from Phone point to PC.
If they are reasonably close together you should have no problems.
N/A

hardware delivery

tracker says theve been dispatched,so ill more than likely be posting here for installation help in the near future ,cheers
Community Veteran

hardware delivery

The link:support pages have a fair bit of information on installing the hardware, and I think they send out a quick setup guide with your stuff (I know they used to) don't know how acurate it is though as I didn't get my stuff from PlusNet.

Chris
N/A

hardware delivery

its very easy mate, just install the software from the CD, then click the desktop icon for ADSL modem, enter username@adsldial.net then your original password u selected click connect and your there! and yea you still get a setup guide and its very easy to follow, any probs call the helpline they're excellent at giving you help over the phone.

Paul
N/A

hardware delivery

enter username@adsldial.net

username@plusdsl.net Smiley

Any settings you might need can be found here. However, most of the IP-based settings [dns address, your IP, etc.] are detected automatically.
N/A

hardware delivery

oops my error sorry Shockedops: ill not post again until im fully awake Smiley

anyway its still easy to do, and its heaven after 56k Smiley
Community Veteran

hardware delivery

enter username@adsldial.net

username@plusdsl.net Smiley

This all depends when you signed up for your original Plusnet account.
it could also be username@plus.net without the dsl bit.
N/A

hardware delivery

Really? Ah, you learn something new every day Smiley

I learnt not to correct people unless I'm absolutely sure about the answer Smiley
N/A

hardware delivery

cheers for the replys,im sure ill get it sorted in the long run,i managed to get satdrive bb working ,with all the proxies and what have you ,cheers again