cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware connetion problem

N/A

Posting here cos the response from Plus.nets "help" team did not work.. just wonderin if any one here could help.

Problem:

In short : web died
in long: My router has stoped working for some reason, while surfuin the web it just stoped giving pages back to me.. i didnt think to much of this and went to bed (4am).. the next day i went to open google.. waited 5 mins and it still hadnt opend, i went to the Router web config and same problem.. it would not openn.. just sat saying "opening page" and then ERROR 404 page can not be found. I thought maybe the router had errord.. so i turned it off..left it for 5 mins., turned it on.. and tried again.. same problem. I then unpluged the router from the telephone line and the router now became responsive to the web interface (Woo).. so i restart the router as it should be done, plug in the phone line.. and bam.. back to square one...so i unplug the Router from the phone line again.. and upload the newest solwise sar110 router Firmware, (as the help desk had now said to do.. 4 days after the problem occerd) rebooted the router.. pluged in the phone line.. and.. web still refused to work.. however the Web interface of the router was still usable. (woo) however the odd thing is.. before i uploaded the new firmware i could ping www.google.com and get a respone.. however now i have uploaded the firmware i can no longer ping anything Sad

However ALL through this .. the router said it was connected to the internet (other than the times i had unplugged it Tongue)

It is not the cables and stuff.. as it just STOPED and at 4am i dont think my perants managed to pull the cables or anything Sad

Router is a Solwise Sar 110 ADSL router

So yea.. any one helpHuh
8 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Hi,

Not sure from your description if you have the web interface now. If not have you tried the other 2 means of access.

When I had a problem with my 110 I found the forum on the Solwise website useful. At one stage I was really stuck but got excellent help by phoning Solwise.

Just a couple of ideas.

Cheers
stonechat
Grafter

help

You could help everyone by telling us the the synchronize light comes on.
Bob
N/A

heh.. it seems connected and the data light does come on.. and i will try phoning solwise if I can find the number Smiley

Thanks

Andy
N/A

Does the router have any logs you can examine? If so, do they tell you anything useful?

Can't recall what it is now, but can you connect to the BT test login?
N/A

On the System View page in the web interface for the SAR110, is the status green for both the WAN interface (ppp-0) and the LAN interface (eth-0)? Can you also post the output of "ipconfig /all" from the Command Prompt of your PC?

Tim
N/A

mkay.. sorry i didnt post this earlier so heh.. Smiley

here is the ipconfig stuff

PPP adapter Test:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 213.104.88.76
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 213.104.88.76
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 194.168.4.100
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet A
dapter (rev.A)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-BA-26-F9-1D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.7.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.7.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.159.11.150

(thank god for dial up :p)

and yes.. they are both green.
N/A

This may or may not be related but your DNS settings are wrong.
You have 212.159.11.150 and 212.159.13.150, when they should be :

Primary - 212.159.13.49
Secondary - 212.159.13.50

Unless, did you type /ipconfig after you started using dialup? Because you appear to be using the dialups DNS servers.
N/A

Could you also post the output of "nslookup www.google.com" and "tracert 216.239.51.99"?

Tim