cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good service

cookie141
Grafter

good service

I have had adsl for about 2 months now and had no trouble at all....
Is this due to the fact that I live in Manchester?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: good service

> I have had adsl for about 2 months now and had no trouble at all....
> Is this due to the fact that I live in Manchester?

I agree. Admittedly i've only been online for a week or so, but so far the service has been all i expected. Ok, so the dl/ul speeds decrease a little at peak time, but so what? Try driving through Birmingam on the m6 at 6 oclock in the evening. The more traffic, the slower it will be.
Even so, at peak time, i'm still averaging at about 480dl 220ul, which for an extra few quid more than a standard 56k ISP is bloody good.
Only complaint is logging-on time, it can take up to 2 mins sometimes. Other than that, i'm also a happy Mancunian customer.
N/A

RE: good service

> > I have had adsl for about 2 months now and had no trouble at all....
> > Is this due to the fact that I live in Manchester?
>

Hi,

Could be. A large amount of inner city telephone infrastructure is underground which usually outperforms hanging cables.

Performance varies for customers because there are such a large amount of factors that can effect it. That's not to say it shouldn't work well as much as possible. We'll always do our best to ensure this happens. It is, however, worth bearing in mind that you are connecting to the internet backbone at 576kbps over a copper cable that may have been put in place 30 years ago and has birds sitting on it all day and takes all that the weather has to offer in the UK :-). This may not be entirely accurate but you see where I'm going.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +