cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp upload from different computer?

N/A

I am temproarily working away from home but need to upload files to my ftp address but for some reason the server allows me to conect so I can remove files but I can't add files.

has anybody got any ideas on what I can do to rectify this?

thanks
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What FTP software and what ftp address are you using?

What actually happens when you try to upload files. Does it start uploading then stop or never sends anything? Any error messages reported?

This could be a permissions problem on your webspace so contact support and report the problem.
N/A

I'm using transmit on the mac. It works when I at home fine but here it doesn't.
It begins to upload then stops saying that the server has closed the connection.

I'm on a network that has got a different isp provider, would that make any difference or should I be able to access it anywhere.

Is there a way of checking to see if the router has a setting that isn't allowing me to ftp upload?
Community Veteran

Try using ftp2.plus.net as this is a new ftp server being trialled by PlusNet.

There have been long standing issues with FTP transfers.
N/A

hurrah thankyou so much it works great.
N/A

ftp2.plus.net? I have never had any problems adding / removing / ammending files to my plus.net webpspace via ftp. Can someone explain to me how this new trial system differs?
Community Veteran

different hardware, different software. Other than that it's exactly the same.
N/A

different hardware, different software. Other than that it's exactly the same.

It works where the other FTP servers have problems. These are failure to upload batches of files in my case.