cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp://ftp.plus.net/ ?

joecool
Grafter

Hi 'am trying to upload avatar using ftp://ftp.plus.net/ ...I've copy/paste a gif, type:animation shop ..............into 'htdocs'

Once URL in profile...........no image just an 'ALERT MSG saying 530 login incorrect'

Could someone guide me On the correct route ?

Also using ftp://ftp.plus.net/ for transferring files etc to website is OK ?

or should I use something like 'cuteFTP' ?

Please excuse me , new to all this !

Thx
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I suggest you get yourself a real FTP client app to do what you want. There are loads of free ones around.

As well as cuteFTP you could also try WS_FTP.

You can always use the command line FTP that comes with windows: Info on this can be found in Managing webspace with dosFTP.
joecool
Grafter

OK Thx........so ftp://ftp.plus.net/ is not recommended ?

I was told it might be A firewall causing the problem blocking ftp port ?

But wouldn't no how to check ? using Zonealarm !

Thx Again Smiley
N/A

Using Internet Explorer you can login to your FTP using: ftp://login:password@ftp.plus.net - FTP uses Port 21 so check in ZoneAlarm to see if this is being blocked. If so, create a rule to allow access.
Community Veteran

OK Thx........so ftp://ftp.plus.net/ is not recommended ?

Not really, It should work fine in IE, there are just better ways to FTP files than using IE - many FTP clients are easier to use and have the full complement of FTP features/options that make it much easier to deal with.

I was told it might be A firewall causing the problem blocking ftp port ?

But wouldn't no how to check ? using Zonealarm !

I use ZA (Pro) and have never needed to allow access for FTP so I suspect it's not ZA causing the problem - although there have been issues with ZA doing strange things. What version are you running and is it the Free, Plus or Pro version?