cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free speed increase

N/A

free speed increase

can someone please help me with regard to my broadband connection, early in june i upgraded from the 1 meg to the two meg,i have checked and my exchange has been upgraded in june but my speed has not increased.when i do a speedtest it still gives me the same results as if i as on the 1 meg line.
thanks
shaunbt
3 REPLIES
N/A

free speed increase

Hi there,

Just so i understand what you are explaining. You had a 1mb connection and asked Plus Net to upgrade you in June to 2mb, I take it you paid a fee for this.

You have noticed that despite asking for an upgrade you are still on 1mb.

Am I on the right lines.
N/A

free speed increase

thx for your reply,
yes i paid my fee back in june, i have just checked my exchange,this is the info i get
You are connected to the Retford (SLRF) telephone exchange.

Your exchange is enabled for ADSL!
There is currently no spare capacity for ADSL connections at your exchange.

The following level of service is available at your location:

You can receive 2Mbps ADSL
You can receive 1Mbps ADSL
You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
You can receive 256Kbps ADSL
which means unless im mistaken i should b on the 2 meg (or am i wrong)
thx again for your help
N/A

free speed increase

If you paid Plus Net £14.99 for a speed upgrade go to contact us and view all tickets for your account. Find the ticket pertaining to the upgrade and read it. That should say why your upgrade, if processed correctly, didnt go through.

Also check your Plus Net transactions and confirm the £14.99 was taken from your Credit or Debit card.

Having done that ring support 0845 1400200 and progress things from there.

The BT data shows your line should be capable of 2mb but that is for guidance only. Further tests will be performed. The lack of capacity at your exchange may have a bearing on this.

Let us know how you get on.