fault reporting results

Traceroute Results: View Traceroute
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 23:39 to 23:59
Traceroute Duration: 20 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: ELLESMERE PORT
Problem: Please Select...
Other Problem Experienced: connection dproouts..been fine last 3 days tho,except speed.
Duration of Problem: Less than 1 week
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 413.1 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 949.2 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 681.15 kbps
Minimum Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 442.2 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 937.3 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On BT Speedtest: 689.75 kbps
Account: Broadband Home 1mb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: 15896387
Additional Information: my exchange say this,
BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale\'s planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 23 Feb 05

i was told to post on the forums,?as u can see it says theres a prob on my exchange which will be fixed on the 23 feb,now thats quite a bit of time,if i coninue to only get half of the speed of my 1 mb connection,will i get a partial refund of payment if it lasts the whole 23 days... :?
6 REPLIES
N/A

fault reporting results

Unfortunatly not.

The issue at your exchange is caused by congested VP's (Virtual Pipes), which is where contention normaly forms.

As contention is built into the product specification that you purchased, there is little you or anybody else can do.

Moving to another ISP wouldn't help either. As it is related to the lines leaving the exchange, others ADSL users would likely see the same too.
N/A

fault reporting results

ok thanks for that ,i guess i wil have to grin n bear it...will it take as long as 3 weeks or coulld it be sooner...thanks..
N/A

fault reporting results

Many are done sooner, and some are even done after unfortunatly.

It is the nature of the beast and depends on exactly what work BT need to do, to add capacity to the exchange.

Some examples

Appliances needed for the upgrade work become available early. Could mean the date is brought forward.

Ducts feeding cables to the exchange are blocked, preventing new capacity being fed. Could mean the date is pushed back, whilst road works are performed to unblock or replace the ducts.
N/A

fault reporting results

Sadly my exchange is reporting the same problem, but thankfully I've not noticed too much of a speed drop.
N/A

fault reporting results

The exchange Database is a little behind right now.

However, I should have updates pushed out by this evening if you wish to check again around 7pm.
N/A

fault reporting results

There are currently no known capacity problems on your exchange. There may still be an exchange problem, however BT are not currently reporting that they are aware of it. Please contact Support if you are having speed problems, who can advise further.
all bak to normal then....prais e to btHuhHuh?lol...conection hasnt dropped for days now....yippeeeeeeeeeee