cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email issues

N/A

email issues

my dad recieved a email from sombody on his outlook 2003 but i have my own outlook 2003 on my screen name like desktop but i am recieving his mail on my name which is ect@paulclarke1951.plus.com and in the email where it says from so and so to postmaster@ ect so why is it coming to my email address
6 REPLIES
N/A

email issues

Hi

I would edit your email addys if I were you as it's not a good idea to post them on a forum!

Sorry bit confused..but then I'm easily confused! Are you saying you and your dad have the same email address but yours just has your name in front instead of postmaster? If you are using the same email address have you set up separate mail boxes, one with your first name and one for his?
N/A

email issues

yes done that
N/A

email issues

also i have just checked his email and it did not go through to him it went through to me whick like i said its my email address so why has it gone to me and not him and its intended to be for him
N/A

email issues

Ok and in both your outlook mail handlers have you unchecked the accounts which say "mail@whatever.." ? So you just have the mail box ones with your names checked to receive mail?

BTW you are still showing your email address on the forum! It is the bit after the @ which is the address. You can put whatever you want in front of the @ but if the bit after it is the same it will go to whoever opens their mail first, unless you uncheck the account to receive mail which has "postmaster" or "mail" in front of your email address.
N/A

email issues

sorry i dont quite understand what you mean
N/A

email issues

First you set up the mail boxes in your plusnet email settings one for you and one for your dad, then in you email handler outlook you set up the email addresses for you and your dad. You should have set up a mail account for you@whateveryouremailis.plus.com and in your dad's outlook dad@whateveryouremailis.plus.com. If you haven't already done this then you need to do this. I use Outlook express so mine is in tools-Accounts-mail- then I would click Add and set up an email. In both of your outlooks you should see an email account which is "mail@whateveryouremailaddressis.plus.com" Go to where it says receive mail for this account and uncheck the box so you don't get emails to this..otherwise whoever opens their email first will get the mail eg you can receive dad's and he can receive yours!

If you don't uncheck the account to receive "mail@....." I could send you an email to hello@youremailaddy.plus.com and you would receive it!