cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email at my old account

N/A

email at my old account

Hi All,

I have just come onto adsl (yesterday!), ain't it great? One problem which is currently defeating my addled brain is how to use my previous (dial-up) account at Lineone. I want to continue only until I get everyone used to my new plusnet address. I can receive the pop3 via outlook express but cannot send via smtp, is there any way round this without actually having to dial in to the old account?

Please be gentle!

Regards,

Terry
--
FH at:- www.langhorns.co.uk
Motorhome at:- www.severnvalleygroup.co.uk
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: email at my old account

Being a bit slow on the uptake I have at last fathomed out how to use the helpful plusnet support pages. There I found how to set up Outlook Express and everything is now hunky-dorey!

I guess I'll get there in the end . . wishful thinking or what?

Terry
N/A

RE: email at my old account

> Hi All,
>
> I have just come onto adsl (yesterday!), ain't it great? One problem which is currently defeating my addled brain is how to use my previous (dial-up) account at Lineone. I want to continue only until I get everyone used to my new plusnet address. I can receive the pop3 via outlook express but cannot send via smtp, is there any way round this without actually having to dial in to the old account?
>
> Please be gentle!
>
> Regards,
>
> Terry
>
> --
>
Hi Terry
I had this problem recently having moved from Freeserve to Plusnet and asked Plusnet Support but they didnt provide the answer Huh . I had put the question in one of the newsgroups and the answer is quite simple . I use Eudora and all I did was set up another "personality" for my Freeserve mail and put "relay.plus.net" in the "smtp" box for outgoing mail and that works fine . I dont know how Outlook Express works but it will be something similar -possibly setting up another account for uour Lineone mail
cheers
Stuart