cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elementary question

albert
Grafter

elementary question

Since I got my ADSL modem I haven't been able to get it working. Customer Service say that they had sent the wrong CD and are now sending a replacement. The CS rep said 'watch your ticket'. But I don't know where to find my ticket. Can anyone help please?
8 REPLIES
N/A

elementary question

On the left menu, towards the bottom is a link:contact us link. That will take you to the page where you can see any tickets on your account or make new ones.
N/A

Re: elementary question

Since I got my ADSL modem I haven't been able to get it working. Customer Service say that they had sent the wrong CD and are now sending a replacement. The CS rep said 'watch your ticket'. But I don't know where to find my ticket. Can anyone help please?

At the bottom left of the PlusNet screen there is an orange "Help & Support" box. The tickets are accessed via the "Contact Us" link. After that point, it should be relatively easy. If you can't see what to do, try the "VIEW QUERIES" button, one of three grey buttons half-way down the page.
albert
Grafter

elementary question

Thanks for your help, eurotrain4 and michae1.
I await the new CD with interest... but I'm far from convinced that I do have the wrong CD--it says EA900 ADSL USB modem on it, and the modem itself says model EA 900 in tiny letters on the back!
The reason for all the excitement (at least, it's exciting from my point of view ShockedopsSmiley is that I got my modem about 13th October and I still haven't managed to get a BB connection working.

What happened was that when I first ran setup.exe I was given various options to fill in. I filled in the protocol type, the P'VC settings (VPI=0 VCi=38 ) and then ticked VC MUX (all as per instruction sheet). But then, as the setup programme seemed to be working, the screen suddenly went blank and did not relight. (even though the hard disk light was flashing for a few seconds after that).
I then rebooted the machine and Windows 98SE seemed to install the modem. But when I tried the ADSL test, it failed at the 'modem' stage. (i.e. one light went green but the next one went red). Also, there was no icon on the desktop that offered me any sort of ADSL connection. So clearly something is not right!
I've tried uninstalling the modem and repeating the process a couple of times but the same thing happens.
Anyone got any ideas?
I'd love to get on BB!!
Ken :?:
N/A

elementary question

What modem is itHuh
A360 Dynamode or a different oneHuh?
albert
Grafter

elementary question

The modem is a Solwise EA900, apparently (although the word Solwise is nowhere to be seen on the modem or the packaging!)

By way of an update:
I have now received the new CD. But I still cannot get connected to ADSL.
The modem seems to start installing properly but after I get the message, “Set up is installing MS Fix”, I get a screen saying “processing….” and then almost immediately the screen goes blank and nothing more happens.
When I reboot I get a message saying “new hardware found” and it seems to install the modem but when I reboot again the only new icon on my desktop is the DSL test, though there’s also an icon in the control panel.
When I try the DSL test, it passes the first test, but then fails the modem test. There are no figures in the PVC settings.
Please tell me what I can do to get ADSL working. It’s nearly a month now since I got the modem.
I'm using Windows 98SE and have 256Mb of RAM with a 500mHz processor.
antonywm

elementary question

You might try to read these posts from the solwise site
seems it is a known problem.
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=a447b2187e12402177dcc5f448d72f46&threadid=4885

seems they sugest you download the drivers from them.
at least they should get it right. Cheesy
albert
Grafter

elementary question

Thanks, Antony
At least it looks as if the problem is something to do with the drivers and not with my pc, which I was beginning to fear!
I've posted a message on "contact us", so I'll see what happens. (I don't even get the error 10 message, but I am using a different operating system.)
albert
Grafter

my Solwise EA900 modem is still not working!!!!!!!!!!

The latest advice from customer support is to download drivers from the Binatone website :twisted:

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Slightly excessive smilies have been removed.]