cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easystart questons

N/A

easystart questons

hi all, i have a coupla questions about easystart....

1) does the ADSL account have any restrictions on it, like the home surf (or whatever its called- lol) account does? eg...no p2p etc....?

2) if i upgrade my dialup account, how long will it take from when i sign up to whaen the first payment is due?

3) if i upgrade, is my dialup account turned off....because i dont fancy paying for broadband AND dialup...

4) can i run a couple of computers on this connection using internet connection sharing (im too cheap to buy a router or even a switch...lol)

thanks for your time,

TG
3 REPLIES
N/A

easystart questons

1) - No, there are no restrictions like the ADSL Home Surf account has

2) - Sorry, I don't know Smiley

3) - I think the point of upgrading is that you are merely changing your existing account from dialup > adsl. Therefore your dialup should be stopped before the ADSL is activated.

4) - You can use ICS with it as far as I know.
N/A

easystart questons

1: allready answered

2: The first payment will be taken right away. This is standard to confirm that payment can be taken for activation and the cost of modem delivery

The good news is that the first mnth does not start until BT confirm activation, thus you get 1 month plus how ever many days it takes to activate.

If your line fails, this payment is refunded in full.

3: I can't quite remember, but I am sure the dialup remains active until activation, at which point, all authentication on that number will fail.

This can be a sign your activated, but may just be a glitch.

4: As noted, ICS or simalar connection sharing software.
Community Veteran

easystart questons

3: I can't quite remember, but I am sure the dialup remains active until activation, at which point, all authentication on that number will fail.

Philip is correct here. Your dial up will be available to you until Plusnet get notification that your line is activated by BT.
At that point you no longer have access via 0808 Numbers and your account is changed over so you only pay for ADSL.

Should you need to use dial up for any reason after activation of ADSL you can still connect via 0845 1400101 for which you pay the local call rate.