cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTEC ethernet/USB ADSL modem router

N/A

lo peeps ive got hold of a new router, got it running eventually but as a total novice to this type of setup im wondering if any PlusNet user or Admins have any experience with theses routers, i dont think i have my config setup correctly, as i seem to be dropping my connection for 1 sec every now and again, anybody know why, or even better know how to fix, maybe even have a walk through, yep u gessed it im stuck, been told to try upgrading the firmware, erm.....WTF, who? where? why? how? :roll:

btw im setting up on a static IP
4 REPLIES
N/A

I have one of those eTec modem/routers - was cheap and no problems with it so far.

Very easy to setup, what problems are you having?

I can show you my setup page if it helps:

Not sure if this is the type of information you want, but this is my setup page for the WAN

www.killersmurfs.net/etec1.JPG
N/A

how come your encapsulation is set on PPPoE LLC mine isnt and when i tried your setting i cannont connect to the net, the problems im having are dropped connection for a second at most every now and then, hissing on my phone while using or dialing, and when i frist connect it pops up saying connected at 10Mb per sec then another popup saying connected at 100Mbps, why?
oh and sometimes when i open a web page i get nothing or wait ages, usually having to refresh the page, and when opening microsoft outlook it just hags then says cant connect to server contact ISP. :?:
last thig is ive tried to open a port for peer2peer but when i test the port it still says closed, do you know how to portforward, who do i contact for support theres no contact address with the router.
N/A

Hi there,

The following sites may be of help to you.

http://www.cazart.plus.com/conexant/

http://peteashton.com/02/12/07/the_informal_etec_pt.html

There would appear to be a few people having issues with eTec modems?routers.

Good luck

Mark
N/A

the PPLOC i was told by plus.net tech
Port forwarding is on virtual server
the 10/100mb might be either NIC Speed or it's set up wrong on the PC - cant remember where to find the setting Sad