cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

due to security issues you cannot connect to plusnet at this

N/A

Hi there

I often get messages when trying to log into plusnet from my home saying that due to security reasons i cannot log into plusnet from my current location.Why would this be :?:
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Is you home on a PlusNet connection or some other ISP. If another ISP then their IP addresses may be registered outside the UK and PN have currently blocked access to only UK registered IPs at this time.
N/A

No my home isp is provided by plusnet,It happened earlier in the week when i was at a friends,but then to happen in my own house which is provided by plusnet I find very stange.
chrisc
Grafter

Are you connecting on RIN at home?Huh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Are you using wireless when you get this error message? If so are you sure you are connecting to your own wireless and not a neighbours insecure network?

Phil
N/A

No its definitly my own wireless i'm connecting through,i've had the message a few time today also,I have a feeling that my internet explorer is keeping me logged in when i exit and when i try to log in again its not letting me.I'm not sure this is possible but it seems to happen after i have been browsing for a while and on my return to plusnet its not letting me in.
Community Veteran

When this happens, note your IP address on www.whatismyip.com and if that differs to what you have when it works then you are picking up a different IP. If you hav a static IP and its not the same then something is not right.

If you are on an account where your IP address changes each time you connect then record the IPs that fail and report them to PN in a ticket.
N/A

Thanks i'll check that out but i think that i have a static ip address i.e its always the same
Community Veteran

Only broadband premier and broadband Paygo have static IPs, the rest have dynamic. Even when dynamic, you may still get the same IP on quick reconnects sometimes.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ah, I didn't know that Peter (thought it was the other way round and they were static by default on BBYW, but it seems this must be requested).

@neildalzell, I would suggest raising a ticket and letting PlusNet know exactly what date/time you tried to log in and couldn't do so.

If you go to www.whatismyip.com, you could get your assigned IP at the time and include the details of that, or alternatively I am sure someone there could find out what address you had assigned at the time on your account from the logs.
N/A

thanks 4 the reply hunthome i havnt been logging my timesw that this happens but next time it does which im sure it will i'll take your advice.

thanks again
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

I've posted about this before.

It's a pain in the grass and whilst designed to keep attacks out, it's winding up us customers aswell.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

For 5 days now i havn't been able tp log into plusnet from my home but yet i,m now on a friends computer who don't even have theur isp through plusnet and i can log in WHAT IS GOING ON...Same issue as posted due to secyrity issues you cannot log into plunet from your current location.
N/A

Before its asked my isp is plusnet and i have a static ip address set up so its not as if my ip is changing everytime i log onto the net.
Community Veteran

Simple, your friends ISP has its IP range registered as a UK IP.

Did you make a note of the IP addresses when you could not connect as requested earlier? If so, have you raised a ticket (or added to an existing one) specifying those IPs so PN can check if they have been included in PNs allowed range for accessing the portal.