cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsl light out - how to sort it?

N/A

Hey everyone,
As of last night, my dsl connection appears to have gone - the light isn't on at all.
I've tried checked all cables & microfilters, tried switching off and even tried pressing reset but it's not got any sort of connection.
From work, have started broadband fault checker and it assures me that the line is OK - but of course, I can't do most of the checks as I don't have access to the internet at home.
Any ideas?
Stuart
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

If you can access the router what is the reported status.
Although difficult can you borrow another router or modem as it may be knackered
N/A

It was saying "not ready to connect" and when I ran the troubleshooter it said that it couldn't make a dsl connection (can't remember the exact wording, can't find the wording on the site here - it was about the third or fourth thing that it checked and it said it wouldn't check anything else after that.)

Stuart
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sounds like the dreaded no sync fault. Best bet is to make sure that all your phones (and other associated items) are filtered. If this is the case and it's still out then test it with just the router in the master socket and unplug everything else. If that doesn't change anything raise it to us as a no sync fault via the checker at http://faults.plus.net

Hope this helps,
N/A

Fault has been raised. I don't expect further help from the forum (although on the basis of the lack of help I've been getting from the helpdesk recently, I don't expect any help from them, either!)
Cheers,
Stuart
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

The ticket is with our faults team, they will be performing more tests on the line and will then either escalate the fault to BT or ask you to retest, depending on the results of these tests.

The ticket should be picked up later on today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team