cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drivers

N/A

drivers

For ages I've been suffering from dropped connections. Anything between five minutes and two hours. Yesterday I found an update for my Plusnet supplied PCI modem, ( Driver Version 4012.099.050.000 ) and, not to speak too soon, I've not dropped a connection at all. I'm sure I'm probably the last to know this, but if not, and you're suffering the same, give it a try.

Phil.

(Why does this forum put up my wife's name? How do I change it? )
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: drivers

>
> (Why does this forum put up my wife's name? How do I change it? )

Phil

just go to the account settings tab at the top of the forum page and you can chane the name there.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Where did you get the updated drivers?
I would like to download these too! Cheesy
N/A

> Where did you get the updated drivers?
> I would like to download these too! Cheesy

yep same here and what is your modem type as wll m8, iam getting dropped everytime i cannoct to my online game, after about 2 mins every single time.the adsl runner of my modem, just cuts off then rc again. aghhhh

N/A

The drivers that came with my PlusNet-supplied Dynamode A220 PCI modem (M-ADSL-PCI-C) were version 4012.099.040.000 and I found some drivers that looked promising (4012.099.050.000) at...

http://www.themad-house.co.uk/Conexant/conexant-drivers.html

The Conexant modem that they are intended for appears to be the same as the A220, (your control panel will change to the 'Conexant' logo) and my Dynamode modem appears to be working fine with these Conexant drivers so far.

It took me a while to get everything configured correctly however - it took me quite a few attempts before windows installed the drivers cleanly. (I think I should have uninstalled the old drivers first and let windows re-detect the modem, rather than just 'updating drivers')

You'll need details of some of your settings, as they weren't automatically configured, ie. your username/password (obviously !), PPPoA, VPI:0, VCI:38 etc (I still had a PlusNet email with these details on, but I also seem to remember there's a list of these somewhere on this PlusNet site)
To change some of these, press 'Alt/P' in the modem control panel and go to the relevant tab.

As these aren't official Dynamode updated drivers, then I guess it's a case of 'do it at your own risk', but I figured that provided you've got the original Dynamode driver CD then you could always re-install the original drivers if things didn't work out.

I did all this in an attempt to solve my frequent line-drop problem (See topic below - "ADSL Disconnecting Frequently") and so far it seems to have improved things.

Hope this info helps (if you've got the same modem, of course !)

Mike.

P.S. None of the Dynamode websites were any use !
N/A

Hi.

Yes, I also downloaded the driver from 'themad-house'. It downloaded as 'dabsADSL 4012.099.050.000 - Win 98 - 2000 - XP.zip'.You have to remove the old driver before installing the new one, and, as stated above, adjust your settings. It's worth it though, if only for the pleasure of seeing the logged-on time now measured in days Smiley

Thanks for the info. about changing the name, at last I shall not have to wear a wig and make-up to use my computer Smiley

Phil