cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver and tweaks

N/A

driver and tweaks

hi,

i been havin poor loss on counter-strike so i have decide to update my drivers mebbe some tweaking problem is that i need to knw where i can get the latest drivers for my access runner conexant pci adsl modem (i have already dled the ones of this site) but there must be newer 1s so plz can some1 give me a link to where i can get them from.

also i have when i use the network optimizer or that DRTCP021 it doesnt seem to dectect my adsl modem but another onboard netwrok lan card how can i make it detect my adsl modem not my lan card

thx for the help =]
6 REPLIES
N/A

driver and tweaks

Quickest way (seeing how I didn't use the software)

1: Disable the network card and reboot
2: Make Tweak changes and reboot
3: Re-enable card and reboot.

As for the packet loss, you might consider holding off till Wednesday, incase driver changes cause all sorts of havok.

Level 3, one of +Net's major providers, are performing mainainance that should hopfully stop some major packet loss occuring on there network at this time.
N/A

driver and tweaks

err the thing is it has been disabled :/ but it is still detected
N/A

driver and tweaks

This point has come up a few times with DrTCP, it does not detect the ADSL Modem it detects the network card. Sometimes you might get a blank its,
irrelevant. Whatever it detects all you need to do is type in the value of RWIN you need and the value of MTU Ras you want. Tick yes on Sacks no on the rest.
Leave max dup sack and TTL blank. If the box with adaptor settings is blank
and the MTU box next to it is blank leave it so. If it detects a network adaptor
again leave it so. Press save and exit then re-boot ,that's it -its done.
To restore your original settings put everything back the way it was save and
re-boot.
Theres been a problem with some servers so this might be a cause.
N/A

driver and tweaks

Why Why WhyHuh

You are wasting your brain cells on Conexant.

Get rockwell chipset and if that doesn't rock you get bloody broadband router.

All said and done.

Enjoy the SPEEEDDD!

Cheers

Tim
N/A

driver and tweaks

lol this is doin my head in, still gettin packet loss on counter-strike in game, + its the modem i got with my package so i aint gonna spend more for another Sad

tbh this is worse than my 56k and least on that i had bullet registration and no choke/loss
N/A

driver and tweaks

You are wasting your brain cells on Conexant.

Get rockwell chipset and if that doesn't rock you get [censored] broadband router.

Connexant are Rockwell, They bought them out a few years ago!!