cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speeds drop bigtime !

N/A

why is it that my download speeds are fine but as soon as i start to upload anything they drop to pointless speeds? they never used to and i've changed no settings at this end.
7 REPLIES
N/A

It all depends where you are uploading to, and where you are downloading from.

It is due to the fact that when you saturate your upload while trying to complete a download, the ACK packets required for the download don't get to their destination in time, thus slowing the download down. It sometimes does it the other way too (slower up than down)
N/A

but it didnt used to make any diff, i still got max downloads and max uploads but now its changed and i haven't changed any settings or anything this end.
N/A

The fact is, will will effect your download, when you upload. That can't be changed.

What sort of speeds are you uploading, and what resulting change happens to the download.
N/A

i've capped my uploads to 12k which brings my downloads down to 35-40k, if i had full upload speeds it would be down to 20-25k downloads which it didnt do until about a month ago.
michaelscott
Grafter

Interesting. I've experienced the same. Last time I checked I could flog my connection to death at 58/24 but I now get around 46/12.
N/A

port throttling probably,its funny how it never used to happen.
N/A

If it where port throttling, then you could simply change the port your client uses to get around it.

It is very limiting deterant.