cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speed

SatanicHare
Dabbler

download speed

Don't know if anyone can help but i'm hoping so, my Belkin wireless modem router reports my connection as 1mb, when i spoke to Plusnet helpdesk they confirmed this is my connection speed, however i can only download at 512mb, tried various tweaking programs that Plusnet link to, but only receive a very small improvement, any advice or suggestions would be very welcome

Thanks in advance Andy
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

download speed

What account are you on?

Has your speed changed recently - i.e. were you previously on 512K? If so, Plusnet need to remove the speed limitation on your account so you can use the full speed.
SatanicHare
Dabbler

download speed

I'm on Homesurf, used to be 512k, only reason i noticed the change was when i set up my router. How do i get Plusnet to remove the restriction.
craigbrass
Grafter

download speed

Raise a ticket or phone the support staff.
SatanicHare
Dabbler

download speed

Will do, thanks again
Community Veteran

download speed

Raising a ticket will not help as there is a problem with increasing the speeds on homesurf and the developers are still working on a fix.

See this thread for details and a CS reply.
Eserim
Rising Star

download speed

er wasn't Homesurf a 512 package only?

The only way to get new speeds I was told by PlusNEt from my Homesurf account was to choose a new package.

In order to access the higher speeds we would require you to choose a new account as the one you have is one we no longer provide.

from a recent plusnet email. I chose to pay the £15 and move "down" to the Plus product.

Chris
Community Veteran

download speed

That is news to me (being on homesurf myself). It should not be necessary to change accounts to get the free upgrade and that is what I have been told several times.
Eserim
Rising Star

download speed

well I was told twice that I had to.

I've posted in the thread you've linked to above.

Mind you, the Pls package is better than Homesurf (IMHO) and cheaper, so I didn't mind too much changing.

I do mind the contradictory statements from PlysNet support.

Chris
N/A

download speed

I am currently on the old ADSL Home and recently posted a ticket asking the difference between that and Premier, so that I could decide if I should change my account. I was told that there is no difference between the 2 accounts but if I wanted the 2Mb speed (when it is available) I would need to change to the Premier account. :?
N/A

download speed

What account are you on?

Has your speed changed recently - i.e. were you previously on 512K? If so, Plusnet need to remove the speed limitation on your account so you can use the full speed.

This is getting confusing! lol
I'm using my original adsl home self-install package. My download speeds now average 59Kbps and my connection sometimes shows 576kbps and at other times 1mb. I haven't gone down the regrading route yet, but from my brief phone call to PN support I understoood that as lines become faster, your account will adapt and upgrade to the faster speeds with no action necessary from the customer. ( or have I totaly lost the plot? )
Cheers
SatanicHare
Dabbler

download speed

I phoned Plusnet tech support and was told that they are close to finalising a tool that will allow home surf users to increase speed without changing account