cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

down adsl

N/A

down adsl

well i have been with plusnet for a while and apart from a few odd things it has been a good service, my adsl was down tonight from 6.30 till 9pm this has only happened twic not bad ( although it is annoying when ity happens lol)
8 REPLIES
N/A

down adsl

There is a outstanding issue at this tiem regarding ADSL and the outage.

It is due to a power outage at a BT POP.

See Service status for more details.
N/A

down adsl

Yes, mine was also down, however (as usually seems to be the case), the fault was down to BT). I managed to get an answer within about 2 minutes of calling Plusnet though which isn't bad.

Other ISPs were also effected - Tiscali were reporting the same problem.

Jon.
edde
Dabbler

down adsl

Hi Norm, I happened to see the service announcement posting about it going down @ 20:25ish, so I took the opportunity to do some gardening, if only I could maintain the service there :lol:

Like you I've been with +net for a little while and can live with the odd blip, its even better when you get a bit of warning, no matter how little!
N/A

down adsl

lol yes i had to water garden, but i find it frustrating that you cant use something you pay for, even if you dont need to use it at the time or can do without it, more so when it is, out of your hands Sad
N/A

down adsl

This internet connection stuff is old tosh.

Watering your gardens much more like it. I've got a 2.7 bar water pressure and use a broadband 3/4" hose. p2p no problem (pipe 2 pipe BSP via hozelock quick fits adapters).

Anyone got any tweaks. Personally I think spray works best but jet has its place.
edde
Dabbler

down adsl

Anyone got any tweaks. Personally I think spray works best but jet has its place.

:lol: :lol:

You could try increasing the capacity of your header tank or maybe ask your WSP to do a check on the main pipes.

Do you find that if there's a lot of people using your network at the same time its slower?
N/A

down adsl

Hah, What are you on about. 'header tank' comeon now, I'm talking main pressure.

I've got to admit though the contention seems to be greater than 50:1 in the summer especially in the evening. But my connection is rock steady at 2.7 bar so I'm not complaining.

Well done NW water. PS do you have a referral scheme?
Community Veteran

down adsl

Well if we have too many summer days they will impose capping on your broadband water and stop you using your hose pipe so hold off the refferals for the time being.

Chris