cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont migrate to plusnet

N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

they are bad,,,,i will obvseouly get this post removed as they seem not to want to hear how bad they are,,,,,

i havent had emails,,,,,for ages,,,,,,and they dont do anything about it,,,,keep asking me to get a new modem,,,,but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt,,,so plusnet sort your spectrum48k out

problems ive had not fixed

adsl disconections
email problems
web space problems

noithing is sorted out,,,

more like people should be migrating from plusnet
32 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

dont migrate to plusnet

Since joining PlusNet for DSL in February, this is the first major problem I can recall witnessing - and at least PlusNet are doing their best to keep us informed.
Community Veteran

Re: dont migrate to plusnet

they are bad,,,,i will obvseouly get this post removed as they seem not to want to hear how bad they are,,,,,

I don't see any reason why I should need remove your post.
You are entitled to express your opinions as long as the text falls within the forum rules of not being obscene or provoking argument.
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

I've never been as happy with an ISP as I am right now. +net run problem-free for the majority of the time, and are way more reliable than any other ISP I've used (including so-called 'business class' ISPs). One disgruntled customer does not a bad ISP make......
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: don't migrate to PlusNet

problems Ive had not fixed

ADSL disconnections

ADSL Disconnections are not caused by an ISP problem. We can help you fix them, but blaming your ISP for this will only result in you being disappointed when you move to another ISP and have the same problem. There is a lot of help and assistance we can provide about this in places like these forums, but you have to work with us to resolve a problem like this...

email problems

Recent problems with email have been caused by a number of unfortunate events resulting from a major failure within our data storage systems. We have committed to having the entire platform effectively rebuilt within the next two weeks and in the mean time now hope that once the current queues decline the problem will be resolved for good. The recent Virus almost doubled the load on our mail servers and we are by no means the only ISP to have been affected.

web space problems

The problem with customer webspace is related to both the problems with our storage system and email. Customers websites are stored on the main disk cluster and the reason for the slowdown is that this is now very busy processing email. Once the mail problem is sorted out, so should customer websites. Our current ETA for this is 9PM.

As John said, your feedback is welcome and we would not delete your post for expressing what are genuine concerns. I can only point out that we are here to assist and I do think that a number of the problems you have experienced would not be different were you with another ISP. At the end of the day though it's your right to vote with your feet!

Regards,

Ian
michaelscott
Grafter

dont migrate to plusnet

> "they are bad"
I disagree. They are the best ISP i've ever been with.

> "i havent had emails,,,,,for ages,,,,,,and they dont do anything about it"
They've been working for hours to resolve the problems.

and,,,,,,what's,,,,with,,,the,,,commas,,,?
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

ADSL Disconnections are not caused by an ISP problem.

Very true. Working in broadband support, I can honestly say I've never encountered a disconnection problem that's been caused by an issue on the ISP network. Most of these issues actually turn out to be faulty customer equipment, with the remainder being BT related (wiring faults, exchange problems etc etc).

Blaming +net for these problems is a cheap shot. I've always found their support team to be helpful and courteous (and I'm Victor Meldrew when it comes to useless helpdesk staff!). I'm sure they'd be happy to assist you in resolving your problem if you gave them a chance.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

dont migrate to plusnet

Every other ISP has its problems. a year ago Pipex they where The ISP everyone jumped to and look what happened to them. Then ship sinking a number left for Nildram, ditto there. But hats off to PN they have fixed a number of issues, ok they still fall down but no-one is perfect.

Once billing is fixed I'd start recommending them again, as from the forums on ISPR and adslguide then no worse than the other major ISP's. All of whom don't seem to be so public about there short commings.

I was using the excuse better the devil you know for not moving elsewhere before now, but now there improving again so likely will stay with them.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

None of them are perfect, all have problems at some time but at least you get told about them and an aproximate time to get it fixed.

+net is one of the few isp's that bother to keep you informed, so full marks on that one.
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

Atomik wrote:-

Blaming +net for these problems is a cheap shot

I beleive that it is good to encourage people to express their dissatisfaction, I am sorry when personel comments are made, it may put people off posing criticisms.

As a future (fingers crossed) PlusNet ADSL customer if it very encouraging to see the way the criticisms are defended, accepted and answered, the last thing I want is for them to be brushed under the carpet.
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

I am sorry when personel comments are made, it may put people off posing criticisms.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your point? Are you accusing me of making a personal attack? I'd have said that my statement was simply expressing a fact. Blaming a company for a problem without first attempting to understand the cause of a problem is a cheap shot. I believe i did also make the effort to explain why disconnections were unlikely to be +net's fault. I think you'd be pretty thin-skinned if you allowed that comment to put you off posting criticism!
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

Saying it was a cheap shot could be taken as a personal comment Smiley

My 2p on this: PlusNet are wonderfully helpful, in the weeks leading up to my sign up the support personnel took me through all of my questions with fine detail, and more than satisfactory answers!

My hats off to you, PLusNet! Keep up the great work!

And yeah, the commas are a little odd Wink
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

And yeah, the commas are a little odd

Is that a personal comment? Wink
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

Hi doctorforsh007

99.9% of DSL problems are down to end user equipment/cabling/splitters faults or local BT exchange problems.

There are tried and tested methods for checking your equipment and if you ask nicely here people will take you step-by-step through it. The bottom line is that most strange DSL issues are to do with things like faulty splitters, dodgy USB ports/drivers and duff cabling all in the end users home.

Unfortunately unless you can borrow and swap each bit of equipment then faults will persist and BT will say that there is no fault and your equipment is to blame.

As for the other issues (assuming you mean todays issues) then don't worry about them, it is very rare for something major to happen to the service that +net provide.

Anybody joining +net today must be shocked at how "unreliable" they are, but please believe me when I say that I can not remember the last time that there was a major issue like this, I certainly can't remember the last time I didn't have a DSL connection!

Ed.
N/A

dont migrate to plusnet

I have used many different ISPs over the years and I can honestly say that none were better than PlusNet.
PlusNet's customer service is second to none, I feel I am being treated like a person rather than an account number, problems (rare) get sorted promptly.

Wolf