cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain host

N/A

domain host

If i register a .com domain and transfer it to plusnet, would my host be domain.com rather than username.plus.com? so that getting the DNS on my IP would resolve domain.com instead of the norm? If so, i am SO using a domain name. ;x
2 REPLIES
N/A

domain host

Yes.

However, there are a few issues of concern.

If you register a domain with a external provider, then you have to wait 60 days before you can transfer it to PlusNet. These are reules defined by the registrars.

While it may be dearer, registering with PlusNet will be quicker.

Once it is transfered, you simply use the link:contact us system, and request that your rDNS be set to your domain name.

You can then visit the domain control pannel, and set the following items

Left field: You domain name with an ending period. This period is important
Type: A
Pri: leave blank
Right field: Set this to your IP address
N/A

domain host

If you register a domain with a external provider, then you have to wait 60 days before you can transfer it to PlusNet. These are reules defined by the registrars.

The nameservers for the domain can be changed to PlusNet's (ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net) as soon as the domain is registered, and a Contact Us ticket can then be raised asking PlusNet to "Enter Existing Domain" for your domain. The domain will then be hosted by PlusNet, but you will pay the renewal fees to the company you registered it through.

Tim