cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does plus.net have a messanger service, so my e-mails will ?

N/A

Hi at this moment in time I have a msn hotmail account + msn messanger service.

Is there any programe I can use with my plus.net email address, that will cause a pop up every time I get a email similar to the way msn messanger works.

Just dont want to have to log in all the time to plus.net to check my emails all the time.

Hope you understand wot I mean, as a example if some 1 sent me a e-mail to my plus.net email as I am typing now, is there any way I can get a pop up on my computer, which allows me to click on the pop up, and take me straight to the message which has been sent to me.

cheers jamie
21 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Jamie,

I understand what you mean, have you not thought of downloading an e-mail client to handle all your plusnet mail? It will pop up a message everytime is picks up a new e-mail, in a simlar fashion to hotmail's MSN.

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

hi

can you recomend any to me >Huh?
Jon
Grafter

Hi there,

If you use MSN/Windows Messenger I would suggest using Messenger Plus.
Basically it has settings within it for POP3 E-Mail. It checks every X minutes and a "toaster" style popup appears whenever mail is received.
Plus its a free add on.

Kind Regards,
LiamM
Grafter

Try Mozilla Thunderbird - available from http://www.mozilla.org. Outlook is very good, but outlook express which comes with windows will easily do the job if you get it to automatically send and receive every 5 minutes or so.
[/url]
Community Veteran

Neither of them generate pop-up windows when mail arrives, which I think was the original posters requirement. Outlook Express does show a mail icon in the system tray when new mail arrives if that is any good.
N/A

Or if you use Trillian, you can get the POP3 plugin that checks however many POP3 mail accounts you want for new mail and alerts you via a systray alert.
N/A

thunderbird pops up a "you have X new emails"

and no one should ever use OLE
Community Veteran

The Mozilla version (latest 1.7.1) does not have that. Or I can't find it, where do you configure that in Thunderbird?
N/A

Toaster :lol:
N/A

That little toaster program, is packed with nasty spyware !!!!!!

I just downloaded it and it's opened a whole world of trouble :-(

I've got rid of most of it, but I can't track one last piece of spyware.

Don't downloaded it !!!!
Dev
Grafter

I am using POPPEEPER to check my webmail at Yahoo, Lycos and Excite and my PN mail. I set the program to check every 15 minutes and popup if there is new mail. It logs on and downloads the mail automatically. see here,BTW its freeware.

http://www.poppeeper.com/
N/A

That little toaster program, is packed with nasty spyware !!!!!!

I just downloaded it and it's opened a whole world of trouble :-(

I've got rid of most of it, but I can't track one last piece of spyware.

Don't downloaded it !!!!

If you're talking about msgplus when installing simply untick the box which says "Install Sponsor Program".
There is no adware in it if thats unticked.
N/A

Granted, I didn't notice that. Still the site does say it doesn't have any spyware etc. Shockedops: Clearly I was easly taken in, a moment of weakness.

How many other people, have gone ahead and installed it, with out unclicking it.

I have lots of antispyware stuff and it got past all of it Sad CWWCoolSearch was the parasite. Real nasty bit of spyware too.

I've cleaned it all off now. Smiley
N/A

Hi, I'm a member of the Messenger Plus! IRC support "staff". We get many queries regarding the sponsor.

For the record it's adware, not spyware Wink

But I've created this page detailing how to get rid of it.

Basically if you use Ad-aware or a similar program to try to remove it the uninstallation program is damaged so you need to reinstall msgplus with the sponsor, uninstall, then reinstall without it.

You can always pop along to the IRC channel (irc.msgplus.net #msgplus for support, or #banana for general chat. webchat client), I'm MoRiA in there, btw Smiley

Moderators Note (John) full quote of previous post removed as unecessary.