cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dns

N/A

dns

i have been given some dns numbers by plus.net. When I go to my connection settings I don't know how to change the primary and secondary settings for these new ones. Am I looking in the correct place?
Any help would be appreciated
7 REPLIES
N/A

dns

Hi there,

Can you give us a bit of information regarding your set up.

i:e whether a modem or router and make and model and which O/S your using.

That should give us enough to help you.
Community Veteran

dns

For XP, In connection settings (or network connections window found via control panel), right click on your internet connection or network connection and click properties. Then select the TCP/IP entry and click properties. You can set the DNS IPs there.

If your talking about your router please state what it is, make & model.
N/A

dns

Thanks for the info. I will try, in future to be more helpful with specs etc. I have a voyager 105 router am running XP home on a sony vaio PCV_V1/G.
N/A

dns

I've noticed plus's DNS servers seem a bit slow. took 30 seconds to resolve www.google.com the other day. Currently using my own DNS cache. Is it just me who's been having trouble?
N/A

dns

I beleive there was a problem raised on this yesterday, and is documented in Service Status.
N/A

dns

Good thing i had my trusty named running just in case Wink (my previous ISP's DNS servers randomly dropped offline every now and again, this is why i installed BIND myself)
Community Veteran

Re: dns

I have a voyager 105 router.

I believe that is called a USB modem not a router, just in case you need to mention it in future. A router normally allows several PCs to connect to it and has additional features like a hardware firewall.