cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnects since Tuesday night

N/A

disconnects since Tuesday night

I keep disconnecing from plusnet every 10 mins or so, this has been the case since around 8pm on Tuesday night.

I re-installed my D-Link 200 modem drivers again,
and left the pc to cool until from 10pm till now 2am ish, and im still getting disconnected every 10 mins or so.

anyone else having these problems?
im on the cumbernauld exchange near glasgow.
--
Jason
=====
Working Equipment:
Packard Bell I XTREME 9070
Colour Blue/Grey
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz -
512 MB Ram
120 GB HDD
Modems: Aztech CNR V.92 56K
D-LINK DSL-200 DIGITAL
DVD, CDRW
Chipset: SiS650
Stereo sound
GeForce 4MX 440 64 MB + TV out
USB: 2 front and 2 back
Firewire: 1 front
Lan: 1 back + (loads more sockets)
=====
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: disconnects since Tuesday night

My ADSL up light went off too and I lost connection. Turned modem / router off and on and then all was well.
On another note has anyone noticed that their connection is slower than last week? Does this just happen occasionally. What results do people get on the bandwidth test?

> I keep disconnecing from plusnet every 10 mins or so, this has been the case since around 8pm on Tuesday night.
N/A

RE: disconnects since Tuesday night

Hi Guys,

It is really important that you ensure this is logged in full using Contact Us - There are more people than usual reporting this, a pattern that also seems to be repeated accross other ISPs as they are having similiar conversations in their discussion forums.

Provided that we have a log of this problem it will allow us to either resolve the individual problem or diagnose and log a generic fault with BT.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support