cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnection or not disconnection?

N/A

Right I'm now using a Netgear Rangemax DG834PN Router. And twice tonight I have experienced something that has never affected me since going on to ADSLmax, that is disconnections of sort's. I say of sort's as I am not 100% certain that what is happening is a disconnection. One minute I'm browsing quite happily the next unable to load any webpages. The router is still showing an ADSL connection but I can't even load the router stats page, so I have to switch it off at the wall and then back on again as it's the only way I can reboot it (the 1st time this happened and I accessed the router stat's page after switiching it on and off at the wall reboot I had to reboot it from there too as it was showing no line speeds at all). Is this a disconnection or not? When I have had disconnection's in the past(using a ADSL modem on normal ADSL line) it usually show's as disconnected by the modem status symbol ata the bottom right of the task bar? So I am puzzled.

Sorry if all that's garbled.... :?:
9 REPLIES
N/A

27 views.....yet no answers?

1842...now happened twice in 1 hour...it's driving me cracker's......how can i rule out a fault with the routerHuh
pacem
Grafter

Maybe no-one answered because what you said it a little garbled (as you put it.)

If you can't access your router config page then it's not an ADSL disconnection problem.

The reason your ADSL was not up after you powered the router off-and-on is because it takes time to re-connect the ADSL side even after the router has booted. If you had wiated a minute or so and refreshed the config page you would probably have found it connected OK.

As for why your internal network connection between your PC and your router dropped. Sorry I don't have a clue. But, if you want me to guess I would opt for the router crashing which is most unlikely unless it gets very hot.

Maybe you can give us more details and someone else will have a better clue.

Paul.<><
N/A

I've passed it on to Faults to see if there is a fault on my line...it only seems to be happening early evening at least 2 times, tonight it did it 3 times. I had to completely turn off the power going to the router before I can continue to browse the net. It's just strange because even though the ADSL light was still lit on the router I still couldn't browse the net.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Are you using it wirelessly? If so, have you tried using it via a cable to rule out something screwy with the wireless connection?
N/A

No it's wired-ethernet
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Ok. When you next get a drop out, can you see the administration screen of the router?
craiglay
Grafter

My DG834G used to get a bit hot so I have it stood vertically and all is fine. Is there an updated firmware you can try?

Craig
N/A

Mine s vertical too, I'll have a look for updated firmware....thanks
N/A

I updated the firmware last night, and touching wood it's stayed connected tonight!