Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnecting

mssystems
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

disconnecting

Is something up at Plus.net?

Since about 09:00 my router has been disconnecting about every five minutes. The service status announcement says nothing is wrong but the support line is engaged.

I would raise a ticket but the link is not stable enough to do so.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

disconnecting

Which support number are you ringing? The CSC is answering calls as normal today so the number really shouldn't be engaged.
This page should help you find the best time to call.

Looking at the connection stats it appears that the connection is failing every few minutes, have you recently made any changes to electrical equipment in your premises? Have you tried a different filter and moved the modem/router to the master socket - make sure you aren't using an extension lead when doing this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mssystems
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

disconnecting

Which support number are you ringing?
0845 140 0080

I would suggest the best time to call is when I am having the problem and it is preventing me from working.

Looking at the connection stats it appears that the connection is failing every few minutes,
Yes, that is what I said. Perhaps you could let on what the equipment your end is reporting. I want to know why it is failing. My end just reports that your end hung up.

have you recently made any changes to electrical equipment in your premises?
Nope.

Have you tried a different filter and moved the modem/router to the master socket - make sure you aren't using an extension lead when doing this.
Please. Check the account. This is a business. It is unreasonable to expect me to rearrange the furniture and disrupt my employees every time I lose synch with Plus.net. The equipment this end is a fairly expensive bit of Cisco kit and I have no reason to think it is faulty.

No disrecpect to you but experience tells me that it is very likely the problem will eventually be located at your end. Now if you can assure me that there are no problems your end I will start taking the building apart. That will be very expensive in terms of lost productivity.

UPDATE: The links been up for over 30 minutes now. I guess it is resolved. No adjustments were made here.

I will leave the post in case you wish to take on board those points I made. Not all your customers are clueless. It get's very frustrating when the support staff treat us as if we are.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

disconnecting

I was in no way trying to suggest you were clueless, the questions I asked are the same that we get asked before BT will accept a fault from us.
There was no general fault on our service showing this type of disconnection so I have no reason to believe this is not a specific issue.

As it is a business account I would recommend dialling 0845 002 0170 to contact our dedicated business support team.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team