cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnect all the time, FED UP!!!!!!!!

N/A

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding every 1 min

i checked the setting in adsl control panel, strange!

in line setup tab,

ADSL head line, it was set as "Texas Intrusments" changed back to Alcatel Network Systems Inc,. clicked APPLY and OK,

few mins later, ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, went back to control panel and checked the ADSL head line, guess what, it moved back to Texas intrusments!!!!!!!!!, i changed back to original setting and reboot, it went back to Texas Intrusments again!

anybody know?

many thanks

wesley
5 REPLIES
N/A

FED UP ALSO

yup im having same problem and im also FED up

keeps disconnecting me every few mins ive raised a ticket with plusnet but as usual they say the obvious ie Change the splitters,reboot your pc etc.

its been happening to me for over a week ive not touched any of my settings.
N/A

you dont give us muchof a clue ie O/S etc. The first thought is you are logged on without admin right and thats why its not changing peramntly.

The second idea would be that there is a conflicting device that keeps knocking it out and it is then refound and installed to the defaults.

So make shure you are logged on as admin not just a user with admin rights as that can make a diffrence. check system info to se if there is any problems with irqs or dma.

If its a usb modem (you dont say) there are some fixes out there for known problems with ome windows versions. If its a pci modem take it out and put it in another slot.
N/A

Well its never played up this much before and yes ive done all you said ive taken the stuipid card out and put it in diff slot,changed splitters,left it off for over 50 mins and it still is playing up.

win xp pro,
N/A

never had this problem before till 2 or 3 days age, one thing i DO know i havent change any setting in my XP. i also test the card in other PC with win2000, still got same problem. it's deffo Plus.net........not me
fistsbs
Grafter

I have the same problem with setup but i have not been disconnect yet.

I have a PCI modem and what is the inline adaptor use?