cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct debit nightmare

N/A

direct debit nightmare

Last week i had a payment refused by the bank, because of lack of funds. Which is fair enough but plusnet did seem to try and take the money a few days earlier than normal, and i never recieved an email telling me of the date the money would be taken as i normally do. Now ive just been informed by a phone call that the payment has failed again, and asking me to update my switch card details, i don't even have a switchcard. Also i didn't think direct debit payments could go out on a sunday, which is the days plusnet have taken the last 2 or attempted to anyway. Evil
5 REPLIES
N/A

direct debit nightmare

Direct Debits can be called from anytime since they are electronic, it's upto you to ensure their are funds to meet the request.

I think when they said switch card, they meant your debit card details. I assume you have a card register for payment on your account in place of a D/D?
N/A

direct debit nightmare

When they phoned me today they told me they tried to take the money on saturday and the bank refused, yet the money was there and still is, i even phoned the bank saturday and sunday to see if the money had been taken and i found out it still wasn't taken. This is a bit of a nightmare because if there has been a cock up its cost me 60 quid in charges so far.
N/A

direct debit nightmare

Did the bank give you a reason why the D/D request was rejected?
N/A

direct debit nightmare

Also on my contact us page about this it says payment was taken on the 11th, but they now tell me it wasnt taken.
N/A

direct debit nightmare

but what did your bank say was the reason it was rejected?