cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dire speed and drop out rate

N/A

Just recently reformatted my computer and in the space of the couple of hours it took to get up and running again my 2mb connection speed has gone right down to 130kbps and my connection drop out rate (which was already V. frustrating) is now driving me up the wall. Plusnet say it's probably a fault on my Bt line, Bt say there is no such fault, and to make matters worse Pn say that Bt have informed them that this is an acceptable speed . So i'm paying for a 2mb connection and getting 130kbps (less than 8% of what it should be). So far i've raised 2 complaints, done approx 15 speed tests, updated my modem driver, and got cut off the support line (after having patiently waited ages on the end of a telephone) endless times. Just glad to see others are experiencing the same and that it's not just me going mad. Is this due to the changes that are going on ? or am i going to have to look for a new provider. Incidentally my notification box tv's tells me i am connected at 7.1 Mbps!!! go figure.
4 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

If you've measured it using the BT speedtest 130Kbps is not deemed aceptable by BT's own standards! Anything below 400Kbps is considered worthy of sorting out if it is persistent.

I suppose it could be a temporary quirk of MaxDSL if you're still in the training period but apart from that BT should sort it out!
N/A

I've been getting around 240 Kbps since Thursday. Was up to 2000 Kbps before then.
Something is up!

Scott
N/A

did it resolve?
mine has been very erratic with speeds lower than dial up...
N/A

Dire speeds (follow up) GOOD NEWS ?

Following up on my previous posting I've now been sent a message from Pn saying that as of 12/5/06 I was upgraded to max dsl and to expect this kind of behaviour for a few days until things even out, wouldn't it have been easier to let everyone know this in the first place,or have i missed something. At least I now hopefully have an end to these problems in sight, that's all that matters in the end.